This solution is ranked
in What are the best Collins Classics booksRead user opinions
in What are the best children's historical fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fictions for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best middle school classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read historical fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Jo's Boys (Collins Classics)
- "This is part of the series of books I'm looking for. I don't know this particular story, so this would be a good opportunity to read something new. It doesn't have any user reviews, so I don't know for sure if this will be a great book for me, but as a part of this series, it is likely worth a shot."
- "I really love Lousia May Alcott's books. I think this one is really good and a great children's story. She really brings to live the era and the town in New England. It makes me feel like I am actually there with all the imagery and the characters are fun to read about. "
- "This is not a great book for historical fiction. For one thing, it's the third book in a mediocre trilogy. I didn't care for any of the books too much but they are fairly short so I read them anyway. Pillars of the Earth is a much better historical fiction book."
- "It was fun to read about Jo and her German professor husband, and their school. We get to see Meg's twins when they are big enough to go to school, and Laurie and Amy's little girl, and Jo's own two babies. The accounts of the various children in the school were interesting, too. However, it is very loosely plotted, Alcott even says this herself. Unfortunately, there is a very pedantic element. She pushes her strong opinions as to how a school should be run, how children should be raised. It is ironic to read something so old that means to be cutting-edge."
- "I am a historical fiction junky. I wanted a new book to read for a trip I was taking. I grabbed a copy of Jo's Boys (Collins Classics). It was entertaining and seemed to have some real good writing. After finishing it I am wishing it was longer. I am going to check out the other books by the author."