This solution is ranked
in What are the best techno-thriller books everRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a dinosaur characterRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi thriller booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with i, j, or kRead user opinions
in What are the best novels that feature monstersRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended thrillersRead user opinions
in What are the best books involving mad scientistsRead user opinions
in What are the best adventure books for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1990sRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction novels from 1980 to 1990Read user opinions
in What are the best biopunk booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Michael CrichtonRead user opinions
in What are the best action adventure novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with monstersRead user opinions
in What are the best addictive page turners of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best adventure fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Jurassic Park
- "Jurassic Park is one of my all time favorite books. When I was a kid I was obsessed with the movie, but when I picked up this book for the first time I didn't realize what I had gotten myself into. The world written here is much more fleshed out than in the movie and I found myself feeling like a kid again."
- "I remember picking up this book when I was in my teens, shortly after the movie had come out, and although I was an avid reader, Crichton's words didn't really seem to grab me too well. I put the book down after a couple chapters. Fast-forward to today, and with the resurgence of the Jurassic World franchise, I decided to give the book another try. Wow! Yes, the first couple chapters were still slow and admittedly boring (although they were necessary for world-building,) but if I had kept on with my reading as a teenager, I would have had a wholly different opinion of the book. A few chapters in, and the action, the internal intrigue, all of that was starting to take shape and began directing the plot, which made the book much more engaging. And, while the movie is definitely based on the book, the book and the movie are different enough that you can enjoy both separately."
- "Everyone knows Jurassic Park! Reading this book will not disappoint. It really is one of the best novels I have read that features monsters (or dinosaur monsters)! I will be giving this book to my teenage son to read when I am finished so we can chat about the differences between movies and books. Great read!"
- "Many adults have seen the Jurassic Park movies, but they are truly missing out if they haven't read the book! This is a true classic from Michael Crichton. I felt like I was on the edge of my seat while reading, which is rarely attainable by a novel. One of the best, most exciting adventure books I've read!"
- "The Jurassic Park novel came out in 1990, and I'd wager that it was one of the most popular books of the decade. The film is a classic and the novel is right up there with the film. It's a great book and I'd recommend reading it to see how the film was adapted from it. "
- "So many people watch the movie without ever touching the source material, and indeed, they often don't even know it exists or that the movie wasn't an original idea to begin with. The book goes far more into the science (or pseudoscience/technobabble) portions of the biotechnological aspects, which I think many readers love--I know I do."
- "This is the book that started the series and the movie series and...DINOSAURS COMING BACK TO LIFE!!! This series has brought to life the imagination of children young and old for years. Not only were these dinosaurs real to us, but the technology that went into making a park as such and then to duplicate it shows how history can be repeated if we are not careful. Fun scary and great for all ages!!! "
- "Some people will tell you that Jurassic Park is one of the few cases where the movie is better than the book. But don't believe them! Michael Chrichton's novel is where the fantastic story began. And though it's not enlived by CGI effects, the book is every bit as riveting as the movie. "
- "When my son caught dinosaur fever, he was all about Jurassic Park. It was nice to revisit the film after so many years, but I also figured it was time to read the book that lead to it all. I was not disappointed. Where the movie shines with special effects, the book shines with intriguing descriptions and true tension that kept me turning the pages well past my own bedtime. "