This solution is ranked
in What are the best good girl and bad boy romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best YA novels with violence and abuseRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult eating disorder fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels of Sarah DessenRead user opinions
in What are the best clean contemporary romancesRead user opinions
in What are the saddest novels for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in high schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best high school romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for pre-teen girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best teen books about real problemsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with i, j, or kRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about real life issues for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best YA realistic fiction novels for girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult realistic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best amusing books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best teenage romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best chick lit novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teenage girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about eating disorderRead user opinions
in What are the best YA romance novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Just Listen
- "At first I was uncomfortable with Annabelle and how she handled everything in her life. Then Owen made things come together. This book carries with it so many valuable lessons. Intense and sweet. A tough combo to pull off, but Sarah Dessen has done it. And then some."
- ""Just Listen" portrays eating disorders in a realistic and thoughtful manner. I would not say that this is one of the primary themes of the book, though, as it is not actually the main character who has an eating disorder, but rather, a close family member of hers. I cannot really think of any books off the top of my head that deal with these types of issues, though I'm sure they do exist, so I would have to give this a solid recommendation as a well-written book that also covers eating disorders in a way that the audience can relate to."
- "Sarah Dessen is truely a great story teller! I really loved this book even though it is for young adults. You really get involved with the characters become one with them. Brings me back to my teenage years, falling in love for the first time and experiencing pain that no young person needs at that time in their lives. Great book."
- "This novel is very sad and not at all uplifting. I'm not personally a fan of sad novels but for those of you who are, this is a read for you."
- "This is an interesting coming-of-age novel, but I don't know if I would compare it to some of the classics. It was certainly an entertaining read, and if you know a young girl who's looking for something to keep her entertained for a few days, you might try this. It was a little short for my tastes, but that's not always a bad thing."
There are no comments yet!
- "Just Listen is an easy read for those enjoying teen girl lore. Sadly, the topics are depressing and touch on the oppression of women and girls...meaning rape and anorexia. The love aspect is a bit tiresome, expected in this genre, though a coming of age and young woman blazing her own trail without needing a male partner would have been more refreshing. "
- "I thought that Just Listen was entertaining and smart. This book seemed to captured all the little crises that a young girl goes through. To a young adult, this book will really speak their language and read almost like a diary. I imagine that it could be seen as a must-read to a teenager. To an older person, I found some of the events comical, horrifying, and educational in equal measure. No matter what age you are, you will enjoy reading this book."
- "Just Listen was actually surprisingly very well done. It's a powerful story about coming of age and seeing experiences through the lives of other people. It's very adaptive in telling a coherent story and I'm thoroughly impressed by it. Ever thought about how many white lies you tell in a day? This book does. Ever keep terrible dark secrets you don't want anyone to ever find out? This book does. Highly recommend!"
- "This books is definitely aimed at younger readers though I thought the premise of the plot was pretty good. The main character definitely has a lot of flaws in her personality which makes her more relatable to teenage readers. I would most definitely recommend this novel for some light reading over the summer months."
There are no comments yet!
There are no comments yet!
- "As far as young adult tripe goes, this book's OK. I make a point of reading all the books my children read, because I'm always scared of pedophiles grooming them. That is, we learned a hard lesson with the books their uncle gave them, may he rot in prison forever. Just Listen seems pretty tame by most standards. I'm OK with my daughter falling in love with a musician, though not so keen on the agenda of pushing that women can only be sex objects (modeling). Still, at least it's not Twilight."