This solution is ranked
in What are the best fiction novels with bisexual charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with covers that feature nakednessRead user opinions
in What are the best erotica novels for intelligent readersRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels with strong womenRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with prostitutes or gigolosRead user opinions
in What are the best literary erotica novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best feminist erotica booksRead user opinions
in What are the best dark erotica novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romantic erotica booksRead user opinions
in What are the best erotica booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Kushiel's Dart
- "Kushiel's Dart was a novel I remember being popular among my girlfriends and their friends in highschool many years ago. I think it really shaped a generation of girls who read it in a weird way. Can't recommend it, based solely on my experiences with the girls who thought that was the ideal romance."
- "The land of Terre d'Ange is a place of unsurpassing beauty and grace. It is said that angels found the land and saw it was good...and the ensuing race that rose from the seed of angels and men live by one simple rule: Love as thou wilt. Phèdre nó Delaunay is a young woman who was born with a scarlet mote in her left eye. Sold into indentured servitude as a child, her bond is purchased by Anafiel Delaunay, a nobleman with very a special mission...and the first one to recognize who and what she is: one pricked by Kushiel's Dart, chosen to forever experience pain and pleasure as one. Phèdre is trained equally in the courtly arts and the talents of the bedchamber, but, above all, the ability to observe, remember, and analyze. Almost as talented a spy as she is courtesan, Phèdre stumbles upon a plot that threatens the very foundations of her homeland. Treachery sets her on her path; love and honor goad her further. And in the doing, it will take her to the edge of despair...and beyond. Hateful friend, loving enemy, beloved assassin; they can all wear the same glittering mask in this world, and Phèdre will get but one chance to save all that she holds dear. Set in a world of cunning poets, deadly courtiers, heroic traitors, and a truly Machiavellian villainess, this is a novel of grandeur, luxuriance, sacrifice, betrayal, and deeply laid conspiracies. Not since Dune has there been an epic on the scale of Kushiel's Dart-a massive tale about the violent death of an old age, and the birth of a new."
- "An interesting tale and fantasy. The story spins its way through spies, deceit, prostitution and luxurious settings to entangle the reader with a twisting plot and old becomes new idealism. Very interesting and though a masterful read, I can only give it medium plus marks."
- "Kushiel's Dart tells the story of a women who was born with a scarlet mole beneath her eye. She faces several troubles in her life such as being sold into indentured servitude. The man who purchases her though recognizes that there is something special about her. Overall it is a good read if you're into this sort of thing. Personally I didn't really relate much to the book. "
- "Kusheil's Dart is the first of two books by the author. The subject of the book is sold into servitude at a young age and taught the art of sexual masochism. It's a great fantasy read and really delves into romance in a way no other book does. I recommend this book to fantasy romance lovers everywhere."
There are no comments yet!
- "Kushiel's Dart is one of my favorite erotica books. From beginning to end, it had me interested with a unique story and a clear and imaginative writing style. The sexual quality of the text was enough to keep me flipping the pages to follow Phedre no Delaunay's journey. I couldn't put this book down and I recommend it to readers of erotica."
- "One of the best erotica novels I have read! This book has so much intense sexual and interesting concepts that you cannot put it down. I couldn't put it down. I love story's where the underdog comes out on top. The disappointments and triumphs of Phedre really moved me. Definitely a great read. "
- #81 of 104
in What are the best erotica books"I love an occasional trashy romance and I would definitely recommend this one. This book is a detailed and involved story. The plot is intricate, the characters are diverse and the author rarely leaves you a moment where you're not anticipating something. That said, it is graphic and it depicts violent acts of a sexual nature. But even if S&M's not your cup of tea, it's also not the primary focus of the book and it also doesn't take away from the story. Each act and scene is not gratuitous. They serve as a way to demonstrate character development and move the plot along at a vigorous breath-taking pace."