This solution is ranked
in What are the best books for pet loss and griefRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Sharon CreechRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the word "Love" in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best poetry books for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books with diariesRead user opinions
in What are the best books where pet diesRead user opinions
in What are the best poetry booksRead user opinions
in What are the best children's booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Love That Dog (Jack)
- "The best book for pet loss and grief is Love That Dog (Jack) by Sharon Creech. The story revolves around a boy named Jack who initially was resistant to writing poetry for a class assignment. But given prodding by his teacher and a subject he truly cares for (his dog), Jack begins to enjoy poetry to express himself."
- "Sharon Creech is one of my favorite authors. I wanted to read another book of hers so I picked up Love That Dog (Jack). It was a really interesting story and I could not put it down until I finished. I was really happy to read another one of her books and will be finding a new one to read soon."
- "Oh this book, this is such a wonderful read. It is more geared toward kids, but it one of those books that everyone regardless of age should read at lest once. It catches the magic of a young boy writing poetry for the first time. It is just a sweet little poetry book. "
- "Love That Dog is a great poetry book for kids that love poetry. My children both love it. It's one of their favorite books. When I first got it for them, they were never able to put it down. Since then, they both have finished reading the book, but they still pick it up every now and then to give it another read."
- "This is a very interesting book in that it is written as a long poem rather than a narrative but still tells a compelling story. I found myself enamored by this book and appreciated the message of developing personal expression. The book is well written and inspirational and I found it to be amazingly powerful."
- #17 of 117
in What are the best poetry books
- #21 of 412
in What are the best children's books