This solution is ranked
in What are the best magical realism booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Gonzo booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about climate changeRead user opinions
in What are the best books with bad boy bikersRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature family relationshipsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about millenialsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels about survivalRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books featuring bikersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for single momsRead user opinions
in What are the best current books set in the 1980sRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring AmericaRead user opinions
in What are the best books with strange storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with forest and trees on the coverRead user opinions
in What are the best books for dog loversRead user opinions
in What are the best non-romance novels with female protagonistsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books that will uplift your spiritsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for college girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about friendshipRead user opinions
in What are the weirdest fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by American womenRead user opinions
What the community says about Magic America
- "My boyfriend loves Gonzo books and I wanted to surprise him with one he hasn't read yet. I came across Magic America and he loved it! It's a really cool coming of age story but set in an alternate universe and that it's really fun and intriguing. I have been reading it too and I love it. Definitely buy this book!"
- "One summer in college I visited friends in the beautiful beachside town of Belmar, New Jersey, just a quick ride down the 195 from Trenton, where this novel takes place. Reading this story was the closest I've come to reliving those memories. I could easily imagine the strong bonds the characters formed with their family being my family and friends. A quick page turner and lovely read."
- "I thoroughly enjoyed reading Magic America. The story is very well-written and flows flawlessly. It is a coming-of-age story and a good one at that. Once I started reading, I couldn't put this book down. I always hate when a great book ends and I was a bit down to see this one come to a close. Highly recommended for all readers."
- "Magic America was one of those books that I had to finish. While I was reading it, I couldn't and didn't want to put it down. This was the time I've read anything from C.E. Medford and I have to say she is a very talented writer. I will definitely be recommending this book to my friends. I would have liked to read it slower, but it was just so good!"
- "I chose this book as one of the choices for a unit about the American Dream for my high school students. I was pleasantly surprised when a boy who kept telling me he did not like to read, or talk in class for that matter, explained to the entire class that he had no idea a book like this existed. He was able to explain the plot, the characters, and recommend it to fellow students. I'm thrilled that C.E. Medford wrote this book. I enjoyed it, and cannot describe how much I enjoyed the discussion with my one particular student who finally found the right book! "
- "I love my dogs. Who wouldn't love my dogs because they are the best dogs in the world. They may bark at the postman, chase police cars and chase down the occasional school bus but they are the cutest creatures on the planet. It is great that there are so many materials out there catered to the dog lover in all of us. This is a great book for a dog lovers like me and I love it. "
- "This book is clearly fiction and contains many story elements that would make it enjoyable to read. The synopsis contains phrases such as "faith," which gives the impression that this story would be a good solution for a fiction book that uplifts your spirit."
- "Magic America is a grassroots tale of growing up as a girl in rural New Jersey surrounded by biker angels, cocky fairy godmothers, and the struggles that everyone faces in the modern world. Even though people are living longer and are relatively safe in America, the emotional and psychological toxins can be just as devastating as physical wounds. Dealing with them is how we define ourselves and the legacy we leave behind which is what this book is about."
- "I have actually read Magic America back when it first came out on my kindle fire. I think "coming of age" topics are extremely interesting and very information for people who are in the "coming of age" phase in their life. This story is fairly easy to follow and doesn't seem to go off track at all. I've never ordered the paperback copy though."