This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance fantasy books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with a vampire storylineRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction book seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best ALA award nominees of 2010Read user opinions
in What are the best books with a superb plotRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best YA paranormal fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best YA fiction books featuring abusive relationshipsRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about vampiresRead user opinions
in What are the best teen books with Native American storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best book recommendations for undecided readersRead user opinions
in What are the best Books to read nextRead user opinions
in What are the best YA books of 2007Read user opinions
in What are the best books featuring hero and heroine with powersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with strong heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best love story books between human and non-humanRead user opinions
in What are the best books about teen vampiresRead user opinions
in What are the best ya fiction books set in academies or campsRead user opinions
in What are the best books related to OklahomaRead user opinions
in What are the best books with black coversRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal and fantasy romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best alternatives to Twilight SagaRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal books with vampires or werewolvesRead user opinions
in What are the best children and YA books with Greek myth influenceRead user opinions
in What are the best teen vampire fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with 16-year old girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books worth a movieRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Marked (House of Night)
- "It's getting to that time of year again and with that I like to pick up some books to get in the mood. That current mood has had a desire to read Vampire books, since they are my favorite monster. Marked is a pretty interesting book about vampires but it's not really scary. Seems to be cashing in on the Twilight craze that dried up years ago. Can't really recommend."
- "I bought this book for my daughters, who are getting to be about "that age." This is a pretty good coming-of-age story, couching real practical morals in fantasy settings. I like it for that - I liked that it introduced healthy lessons about self-acceptance and fitting in in a way that didn't come off as overbearing. Thanks for that!"
- "The best Young Adult paranormal fantasy book is Marked (House of Night) by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. The story focuses on Zoey, a young fledgling entering the House of Night, a school for vampires. She must navigate the school's rules and relationships among other vampires that will test her to her limits."
- "I am a big fan of the horror genre. Although Marked is a bit overrated, this is a good edition to the fantasy genre. Instead of a school for witches, Marked is centered around a institution for vampyres. It's a supernatural take on being the new girl at school and trying to fit in. Good read!"
- "A book about teenagers in a world of Vampires? Yawn! Marked is the first book in the House of Night series, and I figured maybe it would add something to the vampire genre, but the only thing it added to was the pile of books I started and couldn't be bothered to finish."
- "I have noticed that a lot of times a novel will only feature a hero or a heroine, rarely both. Marked (House of Night) was a book that I found that actually had a strong set of both. This was really refreshing as I find that when I read fantasy novels I really connect with the female characters a lot more."
- "This is a good entry into a great series. It features a character who is innocent enough to learn and grow, but not so dumb that the reader loses interest. The series is written by a mother/daughter team, and it's easy to see how one of them kept the book fresh and fun, and the other grounded the book with mature themes. All in all, a very satisfying read. "
- "I am from Oklahoma, so I'm usually quit to read anything that is set in my state. Unfortunately, Oklahoma didn't feel like a relevant choice in this story. Still an interesting book and an enjoyable read, but I felt like it could be set anywhere. Nothing in it made me feel like I was back home."
- "A friend recommended this book to me a few weeks ago, i thank him for it. I enjoyed reading this book, it has a good story and the author does a good job describing the point of the book. One of the best and i highly recommend this book. "
- "This does not appear to have any sort of Greek myth influence to it. This is very much based on the mythology of vampires and traditional supernatural elements of the like. This isn't at all what I am looking for in terms of theme. The audience might be similar enough, but not the content."
- "This is a great book for a teenager, especially during the popularity of vampires and supernatural type shows. This follows a teen girl named Zoey and her experiences at House of Night, a school for vampyres. While it has a supernatural overtone, there are still a lot of similarities with a normal teenagers life that they will relate with. Good book for your teenage girl."