This solution is ranked
in What are the best memoirs with twisted storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books by David SedarisRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous memoirsRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction humorous booksRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous booksRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous LGBT-themed booksRead user opinions
in What are the funniest booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read biographies and memoirsRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by witty authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books of all timesRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by the ALA Think TankRead user opinions
in What are the best book of essaysRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs that are better than fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best hilariously funny booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you liked Eleanor & ParkRead user opinions
in What are the best books which inspired the show This American LifeRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs, biographies, and autobiographiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books to make you laughRead user opinions
in What are the best LGBTQIA booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by comediansRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction audio booksRead user opinions
in What are the best comedy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned by CGP GreyRead user opinions
in What are the best lighthearted literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best amusing books for teensRead user opinions
What the community says about Me Talk Pretty One Day
- "The solution provided was very good and the book seems to be exactly what the user was looking for. Overall a very satisfactory solution and the users problem is solved. "
- "In Me Talk Pretty One Day, writer David Sedaris describes several events of his life, from childhood to the time she went to France as an expat. The narration is funny and fresh .""This book has quite the quirky humor to it. I caught myself chuckling as I read it. If that does not tell you anything about the book. Read it yourself."
- "This is a fair solution to the topic. It is a very subjective topic to a very broad range of humorous books. You certainly would not be able to call this one the best, but there may be someone that does. It does have many good reviews so people do like it but again it would be hard to call it the best. "
- #5 of 20
in What are the funniest books
- "I normally don’t expect side-splitting laughs throughout a biography but this book delivers that in spades. It might be one of the funniest books I have ever read. We can learn a lot about each other listening to stories and I can’t wait for another one of his books to come out. You will probably relate to a lot of the stories, and if not at least you’ll have a good laugh!"
- "This is a good book about the trials and tribulations in learning a new language. The oops moments when you think you said the right thing with polish only to find out you've said something completely different. Hiding under the table in a restaurant would be a great place!"
There are no comments yet!
- "I have read and enjoyed this book several times. A great collection of short stories that are funny and touching. The author has a great knack of putting everyday mundane events into a completely unique and different perspective that warms your heart. A great read for long airplane travels. "
- "I felt like this book got off to a slow start. The author's childhood reminisces were not as entertaining to me as his description of living in France as an expat. The stories about his French lessons and his wanderings in Paris were hilarious. The second half is enjoyable enough to slog through the first half"
- #10 of 25
in What are the best LGBTQIA books
- "I was recommended to check this book out from a good friend of mine who told me this was a very funny story and that they hadn't laughed so hard at a book in a long time. I found a different experience, i made it about a third of the way through the audio book before I stopped listening and moved on, it felt like it was dragging on a bit too much and too slow. The funny moments were okay but it wasn't enough to keep me hooked."
- #11 of 24
in What are the best comedy books"I bought this book for David Sedaris to sign. Get this in conjunction with the audio book. There is nothing better than hearing him read these stories. We laugh our butts off listening to him. One time, we had to pull over because we were scared of getting into an accident. I would go into more detail, but it's better to listen or read for yourself. He's absolutely incredible."
- "Keeping a teen's attention on reading a book is quite the chore in today's world. Fortunately there is a book that might hold their focus for more than a mere five seconds. Me Talk Pretty is a funny book with several short stories good for just about any age group. Relate-able and amusing I think any teen looking for a good read will enjoy this book. "