This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance books with interracial couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best Asia-related booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about JapanRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction audiobooks to listen toRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction novels set in JapanRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring warRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read before you dieRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books written by menRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fictions for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best book recommendations for book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with prostitutes or gigolosRead user opinions
in What are the best reads on a rainy dayRead user opinions
in What are the most brilliant historical novels in the past 30 yearsRead user opinions
in What are the best historical novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best American novels adapted into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books that feature artRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dramatic love storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction books that are actually historical fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in the 1920sRead user opinions
in What are the most inspiring books to readRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read light novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with Asian heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs, biographies, and autobiographies about womenRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended readings during winterRead user opinions
in What are the best must have books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books better than you might thinkRead user opinions
in What are the best interracial romance novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Memoirs of a Geisha
- "I have always been interested in Asian culture. Memoirs of a Geisha was right up my knowledge tree. Published around a decade ago, this book is an interesting read. What is even more interesting is that the author is not Japanese and is also a man. Don't let that fool you though because he goes into details very much. I absolutely loved this book and I would recommend it to anyone interested in Asian culture."
- "I couldn't put this book down. I wasn't sure what I would think of it when I picked it up but I really liked it because it kind of compared the cultures of America with some similar things that go on in Japan. I loved the perspective of the story and how it was told."
There are no comments yet!
- "This is a perfect example of historical fiction set in early Japanese history as it provides an interesting perspective on the life of a geisha during that period. The story itself is rather intriguing and has no shortage of schemes that influence the life of the protagonist. The reader is immersed into another culture and shown the struggles of an ancient culture in its development and practice."
- "I love historical literature. My friend told me about Memoirs of a Geisha. This book is amazing. I love Japan and Japanese history, so this book rally resonated with me. I just love the story about becoming a geisha. It was a story full of love, yet was also very painful and sad. If you love historical literature, you'll love this book. Definitely check it out."
- "So i recently just saw the film of Memoirs of Geisha. After i watched the film i said to myself that i will read the book so i did. The book is so much better than the film (well, that's how it is books are better than the film adaptation) This book is so heartbreaking, intriguying and entertaining. "
- "Normally, I read romance novels written by women, but I was curious what the perspective would be like on one written by a man. I was hoping to find something highly acclaimed and really well written to read. Memories of a Geisha is a perfect fit, it is highly rated and reviewed by thousands. I will definitely be checking this out."
- "In Memoirs of a Geisha, we enter a world where appearances are paramount; where a girl's virginity is auctioned to the highest bidder; where women are trained to beguile the most powerful men; and where love is scorned as illusion. It is a unique and triumphant work of fiction—at once romantic, erotic, suspenseful—and completely unforgettable."
- "Memoirs of a Geisha is one of my favorite books, I also love the movie, seen it about 50 times. The book is so captivating, and filled with deep insight into Japans history and culture. Being an American, I've never learned anything about Japan and Geisha's, so reading this book was mind blowing for me, and a definite history lesson. Plus, the book starts off in the 1920's, so it's really cool to see how Japanese people lived back then. Also, I love an endearing love story, and this book has got it!"
- "This novel is really interested and has been adapted into a movie. Their are a few differences as usual. I would highly recommend reading the novel first before watching the movie. I found both interesting and fun to read or watch though. I have recommended these to my friends and family."
- "Memoirs of a Geisha is an absolutely incredible story about an amazing life. The challenges and difficulties endured are hard to read and think about. Not only was this incredible character able to overcome, but thrive and lead an amazing life with fulfilling relationship. Very inspirational story."
- "I have read a large number of books in my lifetime but never have felt so connected to the main character. This book was moving, even though I expected it to end differently, I had felt as though I was this little girl from Japan and that the story was my very own life. Consuming story! Well written and superbly told! Very surprising that this story is told from a girl's perspective and then a woman's perspective was written by a man! "
- "If you haven't read this book yet, I would not walk but run and get it! I've done both read the book and watched the movie. While the movie was great to watch, reading the book was even better. Let your imagination take over the scene's and there's not much more I could say. You will totally love reading this book!"
- "Memoirs of a Geisha is a highly recommended read in any season! I read this beautiful story when it first came out almost 20 yrs. ago, it will stay with me for the rest of my life. It gave me an insight into a culture I knew nothing about and like all good books it will open your mind and heart. "
There are no comments yet!