This solution is ranked
in What are the best Christianity books for beginnersRead user opinions
in What are the best books on the gospelRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for Christian thinkersRead user opinions
in What are the best 20th century books according to Christianity TodayRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books for new ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books for thinking ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read during LentRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction books by C.S. LewisRead user opinions
in What are the best self help books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best devotional books for AdventRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1900sRead user opinions
in What are the best seminary booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian books for menRead user opinions
in What are the best books of C.S LewisRead user opinions
in What are the best books for Christian mothersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for Christians beside the BibleRead user opinions
in What are the best spiritual booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about faithRead user opinions
What the community says about Mere Christianity
- "Mere Christianity is a book written by C.S Lewis its subject matter is theology and tackles the pure essence of faith and the Christian doctrine. The book was written after a series of radio broadcasts and then published as three separate books The Case for Christianity, Christian Behavior, and Beyond Personality - Mere Christianity."
There are no comments yet!
- "I first read this book in college, and my life has never been the same. I know that probably sounds dramatic, but for me it was the first time I had really had the christian case laid out for me even though I was at a christian college. Lewis answered so many questions that I had about Christianity but also gave me even more things to think about. Without this book, I am really not sure what kind of spiritual life I would have."
- "As somebody who celebrates Lent, I always spend my time reading during this holiday. With Mere Christianity, I found myself understanding the true meaning behind the holiday. Because I give things up for Lent, this book was able to show me why it is we do this. Reading this book has made me a better person. "
- "C.S Lewis is a fantastic writer and Mere Christianity ranks among some of his best pieces of work. The book explores the world of Christianity through Lewis' own perspective, using his prior works and radio talk shows as a bank of knowledge."
- "It is difficult to limit my excitement about this classic work by C.S. Lewis. I first read the book while in college and now I am taking several fellows through the book in a small group setting. It is a timeless classic that is as true today as when it was originally penned by Lewis as a series of talks given in London over the BBC during the challenging days of WW2. One must remember the historical setting when they read through the work. Because this is a compilation of a series of talks, Lewis did not assume that the people who heard his first series of lectures necessarily heard the lectures in the second series. As a result, one might think he is mildly repetitive. As you work through this great book take some time to digest the material in each chapter and reflect upon the material that Lewis covers and the thoroughness of his argument and perspectives. The book is a chronology of the thinking processes Lewis went through as his spiritual journey traveled from atheism and reluctantly to Theism and ultimately to Christianity. It is amazingly refreshing and valid for any reader. One thing I have discovered about Lewis is that he typically packs more into one sentence than most authors do in a paragraph. I cannot recommend this work high enough. "
There are no comments yet!
- "Mere Christianity by C S Lewis is a theological slog, I absolutely hate this sort of mental mastrubation, but I guess the book is a great seminary book, if you're in to flogging yourself with false morality and endless doctrine. I had to read this in college and I still curse the professor who assigned it."
- "Was looking for a unique Christian book and this was really interesting. It really was a great book about his own personal spiritual journey and I found it very easy to relate to. A big bonus was it was C.S. Lewis who authored the Narnia series and have read since I was a kid. I thought this was a perfect example of the book I was looking for."
- "This novel by the great C.S Lewis, explores the commonalities of all strands of Christianity. This novel would be a good fit for anyone of Christian faith, but especially to those that feel distant from other Christians."
- #16 of 65
in What are the best spiritual books"C.S. Lewis has always been a favorite author of mine. I love his insights and I can often be found quoting words from his books. His book Mere Christianity is a great spiritual book. It is among the best that I have read. As soon as I started reading it, I had a hard time putting it down."
- "If you are looking for the best books about faith for Catholics, Mere Christianity would be the perfect book for you as it is a theological book that goes in depth about the Christian doctrine. Even if you are not a believer, this will be a very interesting read for you as it explores the world of the Christian religion. "