This solution is ranked
in What are the best Pulitzer Prize winners for fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with a gay protagonistRead user opinions
in What are the best award-winning fiction books since 1990Read user opinions
in What are the best Oprah's Book Club picksRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 21st CenturyRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with l, m, or nRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in MichiganRead user opinions
in What are the best family sagas booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 2000sRead user opinions
in What are the best books that should be turned into a filmRead user opinions
in What are the best book recommendations for book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best magical realism booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with gay alpha male charactersRead user opinions
What the community says about Middlesex
- "I was looking for a good book to read when I came across MiddleSex by Jeffrey Eugenides. It is really an interesting read but not exactly what I had in mind. It did win the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 2003 so it is well written. The main character is a gay protagonist and he weaves a compelling tale of a generational saga with engaging characters. I love parts of the 500 page story but I just could not relate to it as much, especially the gender stuff."
- "Well, if it's anything to you? Oprah liked it! Now humor aside this book is actually really, really good. However, it's going to depend on your tastes and what you can find yourself absorbed into. This is a very.. specific book? Maybe that's wrong, but I know some will turn their nose up at the summary alone."
- "This one was a rough read for me. I have no doubt of the quality of the writing and the Pulitzer Prize given to this book would back me up on that, but the topic at hand didn't sit quite right with me. It's a topic that interests me a bit but I didn't feel like this book hit on the topics the same way I would have hoped. All that being said, it was worth a single read in my opinion, but it's not something I would ever want to read again."
There are no comments yet!
- "I thought the plot of this book sounded interesting, and it won the Pulitzer Prize, so I figured it had to be good. I could not have been more wrong. A large portion of the book was terribly dull due to a ton of unnecessary detail. And I really did not understand why the author chose the format he did. Maybe it was just all over my head, but I did not enjoy this book at all."
- "After consulting with a friend she recommended Middlesex: A Novel because I wanted a good book to read. I was doubtful it would be any good. I was left with many thoughts about how this book could have been different and not played out the way it actually did. Saying that I think it was a good overall story that missed a few things that would have made better sense. "
- "A spicy throwback to yesteryear! A well thought out book centered around a family in Detroit in this thriller of imagination. It's weaving of storytelling and the end result of a not so subtle twist will leave you grasping for more. It paints a bleak picture during the harshness of the Detroit and Michigan time in the 60's and 70's. It's a gender defying generational saga that hooks you in. "