This solution is ranked
in What are the best books with disturbing plotsRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books written by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring a psycho stalkerRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction novels with a writer characterRead user opinions
in What are the best horror suspense novelsRead user opinions
in What are the most frightening books by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read horror novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Stephen King novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Suspense novels of the centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best crime booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books written in 1987Read user opinions
in What are the best books that feature escaping storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best scariest novels ever writtenRead user opinions
in What are the best thriller booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read thriller novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with mentally ill charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books about killersRead user opinions
in What are the best horror booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Misery
- "One of the scariest book i have ever read. If you are familiar with Stephen Kings work you know exactly what you are buying and reading. If you collect his books or have to read all his titles then this is one that you cant pass up or miss. It will have you on the edge of your seats the entire time and throughout every chapter. "
- #6 of 139
in What are the best crime books"I normally don't read the crime drama, but Misery had me from the start. The crazed fan Annie is upset that the author, Paul killed her favorite character and systematically tortures him. I could not put the book down and couldn't sleep after reading even though I don't have any crazed fans!""Stephen King is the "King" no pun intended of mystery/horror for me. Misery is a book that you can't put down. My first book by King I read was "It" and I thought, wow...this book is huge, I will never get through it! I did, at the age of 15, he is the best kind of macabre, realistic, twisted reading you can find out there. You will enjoy this book, promise! The movie is pretty likable too if you want to see it.""This book was incredible to read. It was intense and dramatic and held up better than most crime books I have read before. I enjoyed buying it for a cheaper price and reading it on my kindle."
- "For my 30th birthday last year my mother got me this book that was written of the year I was born. I've always been a fan of Stephen King. I had seen the movie prior which was amazing but I had not read the book misery yet. I'm very glad I decided to read the book as it's another King Classic. Such a dark thrilling tale that King weaves so beautifully with words. "
- #9 of 156
in What are the best thriller books"Misery is one of my favorite books AND movies of all time. It is extremely suspenseful in a way that only Stephen King can deliver. In the movie, Kathy Bates will send shivers down your spine with her realistic, messed up ways.""One of the worst Stephen King books I have ever read. Its not well written in my opinion and lacks the depth and character development that King usually has in his novels. ""Definitely a great thriller pick! Misery is one I read and re-read and will more than likely read again."
- "I almost regret seeing the film Misery before reading this book, but both are stunning and impactful in their own ways. I was frequently frightened reading the book, which was a surprise to me since I knew the story. A great read and a true classic of the thriller genre."
- "Misery is one of my all-time favorite Stephen King books so when my search for the best books with mentally ill characters turned up with this as a suggestion I was pleased. I would happily read this page-turner again and the price points are great with several different purchase options. This is a great book and a creepy read with a look at the mentally ill woman featured in the book."
- "Oh Misery, you faithful classic. Even if you haven't read the book or seen the movie, you probably know what its about. You might have even fantasized about recreating that one scene. To your boss, perhaps? Or to your ex (ladies, I'm looking at you.) While I'm not sure I'd say the main character is a killer, this is a great book, and one you should read."
- #14 of 152
in What are the best horror books"I find Stephen King to be one of the best horror and thriller books author we have, and "Misery" is no exception. As another one of his horrifying and entertaining masterpieces, it will sure keep the readers at the edge of their seats.""Yes, I remember when I was a kid and this movie came out with Kathy Bates and James Caan. It was all the hype and everyone was talking about what a good movie it was. It is quite a good horror. "