This solution is ranked
in What are the best books about characters with superpowersRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read this yearRead user opinions
in What are the best YA books to read when boredRead user opinions
in What are the weirdest fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi and fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best printed fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a shade of black and white coverRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read amazing booksRead user opinions
in What are the best thriller booksRead user opinions
in What are the best book recommendations for undecided readersRead user opinions
in What are the best free books from Smashwords and EpubbudRead user opinions
What the community says about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
- "This book serves as an excellent tool to keep my son reading. He is very interested in the mature language and the creepy pictures. We have always had trouble keeping him reading and this book keeps his attention very well. He frequently comes up to me after school to tell me about what happens next in the book, this is pretty unusual for him. I'm definitely going to buy the next two books in the series. He really likes how it is a flip on growing up. Rather than finding out all the fantastical stories you heard as a kid were fake, the protagonist finds out they're true. Do not buy this book if you're not okay with your kid seeing strong language!"
- "Something I like to do in my free time is read. I'm a really big fan of sci-fi and fantasy books. So, looking for my next book to read, I ended up buying this book called "Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children". This book is fantastic. This book is written in a way that really immerses you in the story. I recommend it to anybody who likes to read.""This was a book that I really enjoyed reading as of recently. I was very excited to watch the movie as well, but was a little let down to be honest. This book is however very unique and worthwhile, and I highly recommend it!""I feel like this is a good series to have children read, Miss Peregrine's is a favorite of my own children, who are only 4 but already appreciate this kind of stuff. Highly recommended especially at this price."
- "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is an extraordinary novel of impressive creativity and imagination. I've read this novel a few times now and each time I notice something new and different. This is a page turner for teens and adults alike. For an adventure in pure imagination, check out this novel! Love it!"
- "This book is aptly titled: it really is peculiar. That's great for children who like things that are a bit dark or weird, though it might be a bit too spooky for others. Personally, I thought it was really well written and a unique concept. I might be an adult, but I enjoyed it from beginning to end."
- #8 of 156
in What are the best thriller books"I bought this book because there was a movie based on it, which I have never seen even though it looked good, because people always end up saying that the book was better with any adaptation. I do not think this was a bad choice as this book sucked me and made me regret not buying the others in a bundle with it.""I don't know that I would rate this as the best thriller book, or even one of the best. This is definitely a mid grade thriller book written for young teens or perhaps even a little younger. While I would state it is a good read I would never have it on a must read list.""I just finished reading this and didn't find it as thrilling as I hoped it would be. I kept hoping it would get better at some point but it ended up not holding my attention or keeping me interested in the characters or story line that much. ""I thought this would be better based on the reviews. I just hated it. I was one of the worst books I have ever read. "
- "Even though this book is considered a children's book, it was as scary to me as Stephen King's books. Whether it was the isolation of the main character, the misfortunes that befell the children from the home, or the possibility that these children may somehow still be alive and dangerous scared me so much that, at times, I had to put it down and later come back to continue reading it. The book is very effective at evoking the imagination to spook itself. Definitely one of best children's thriller book I have ever read."
- "This is a great classic book! The story is great, and makes your childs imagination run wild, thinking about the possibilities that this book touches on. If only they could happen! Both of my kids love this book, and there is a movie as well that is amazing. Give this to your kid, they will love it!"