This solution is ranked
in What are the best futuristic romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books for middle school studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about fake relationshipsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about the dark side of human natureRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction and fantasy books for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best horror books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books on AmazonRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult novels turned into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended YA fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best YA science fiction romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring warRead user opinions
in What are the best books for older teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult trilogy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with l, m, or nRead user opinions
in What are the best books with tragic endingsRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi books with female main charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best young-adult audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with untraditional endingRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best tear-jerker young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teenage girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read awesome books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books for 13-year-old girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels about survivalRead user opinions
in What are the best highest rated booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in a post-apocalyptic worldRead user opinions
in What are the best post-apocalyptic romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for middle school girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult dystopian novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best utopian and dystopian fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction books by female authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best YA dystopian romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books teens should readRead user opinions
in What are the best books that will make you cryRead user opinions
in What are the best ALA award nominees of 2010Read user opinions
in What are the best futuristic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with blue coverRead user opinions
in What are the best books you can't put downRead user opinions
in What are the best books with name of birds in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with strong female leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books for tweens and teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books about star-crossed loversRead user opinions
What the community says about Mockingjay (The Hunger Games)
- "Mockingjay (The Hunger Games) was my personal favorite in the trilogy and enjoyed the resolution of the series. As a family we had seen the movies and decided to read the books. We used this as a book club for the family and we all loved the story and discussing Mockingjay as we went. There is more to the story than the movie and it is great."
- "Really fun! I don't often read young adults books but after seeing the first movie and really liking it, I decided to give this one a try and I have really not regretted it one bit. Although extremely popular I don't find that its merits have been exaggerated, or that it is overrated in any way. It's actually way above the fray in terms of invention, social insight, inspiration, and even style, although it's not Shakespeare either. But it's well written, beautifully structured, engrossing, touching, heartbreaking even at times, and it doesn't stop! I can't imagine someone not liking it, honestly, if they were to really give it a try."
- "My daughter got upset that I would not let her read some Steven King books. I suggested a more age appropriate book. I got her Mockingjay (The Hunger Games). She had seen the movie so I thought she would like this book. She read it and stopped bugging me about other horror books so that made my life easier. "
- "I think this book fits into this topic category nicely. I find this book in various places to be funny, very engaging, and the ending is so much not what you might or/not expect, but such a perfect fit for all that the characters have gone through to get to this beautiful ending."
- "I have read many trilogies that completely let me down in book three, but The Hunger Games is not one of them. Mockingjay is different than the first two books in the series, but it is a logical next step in the story and a fitting final chapter. Definitely recommend all the books in the series as fantastic YA fiction!"
- "I found that Mockingjay is a book that is available in many different formats on Amazon. It has made the bestselling lists for USA today, New York times, among others, which made me want to read it and discover what the excitement was about. I was not disappointed. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in an exciting book. "
- "Mockingjay is the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy wrapping up the series which was one of the best young adult dystopian stories that I've ever read. All of the plot threads were concluded in a way that made sense to the story. I found the world created in this book to be well described and brought to life as I read through to the conclusion."
- "I am a big fan of the Hunger Games series. In this final book several notable characters have died, which made it painful to read. Additionally, the last three pages of the book is indeed heavy and so intense to read. "
- "This is an excellent choice for listening to a book. If you have read the first two, you have to see how it plays out for Katniss. The book is gritty and moves fast, keeping you just as interested, if not more interested, as watching a movie. Katniss has survived two Hunger Games and is leading a revolution, so you MUST listen to how it ends. For YA listeners, you'll be transported to Katniss's world, seeing a feeling things through her perspective. You won't want to take off your headphones! "
- #10 of 280
in What are the best young adult books"I saw the first Hunger Games movie, and liked it enough to read the books. A tightly written and involving narrative that displays the brutal battle against injustice and a society gone mad. A great read. "
- "I am a middle school librarian, and I can tell you that this book is very popular with both boys and girls but especially girls. I watched many girls who struggled to maintain any interest in reading really develop a love of reading after reading this book and others in the series. I think the girls love that there is a strong female heroine who is really willing to sacrifice for others. "
- "I purchased the trilogy after watching the first two movies simply to find out how the story ends. It was easy for me to visualize the characters and scenes - thanks to the two movies. Of course, after completing the first two books in the series, I was able to learn more about the individual characters, their backgrounds and the reasons behind the unrest in the various districts...seems like the movies barely scratched the surface. Kitness, Peeta and Gale are portrayed as fearless victors, ready to lead the revolt. I was anxious to get into the final book to see how it all comes together."
- "If you watch the movies, the books are better. Yes, it is a storyline about young adults, but us adults like reading them and watching the movies too. The weirdness of the characters does not seem too far off from what we are experiencing in the real world right now."
- "I just finished reading Mockingjay and I think it's one of the best books for young adult dystopian novels that I have read. It's a great story about fighting back and triumphing over an evil President. As a 14-year-old reader, this kind of book keeps me wanting to read more. "
- "Mockingjay is the third book in Th Hunger Game series and in a market that is flooded with YA dystopian series this the best of all them to me. I like the strength of the female lead and the world Suzanne Collins created with it's strict hierarchical classes. I highly recommend this book. "
- "This book is a must read for anyone that is a fan of science fiction. The entire book series and following movie series are something that is not to be missed. I actually did this in reverse and watched the movies first. However, I would highly recommend reading the books if you have not. "
- "The Hunger Games.. Color me surprised if you haven't seen or heard about it yet. That being said, I'd certainly go back to the first one if you're new to the series and give it a shot before coming here. Likewise, if you've managed to make it here through the series then you know what to expect. Get it if you like the series, if not you aren't missing anything."
- "Don't let the name of the book, which is titled after a bird, fool you. This novel is not about some meek bird. This novel follows our heroine Katniss, who has been named mockingjay, through her revolution against the capitol. Mockingjay, the third installment in the Hunger Games Triology, is by far my favorite! Unlike the other novels, which i read after seeing the first two movies, this book I was able to read before the movie. Having read the book first totally changed my movie viewing experience in the most positive of ways. I had a deeper understanding and connection to each of the characters. "
- "I am very old when compared to the lead characters in this book. You would think that it would be outside what I would enjoy reading. However, the story is just really good. You can just enjoy reading it. The rich characters and colorful world come out better in the books. The movies are good, but the books are even better!"