This solution is ranked
in What are the best fantasy books featuring a strong adult heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best YA paranormal fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about werewolvesRead user opinions
in What are the best urban fantasy audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic werewolf novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal novels with kickass heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with strong female charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like Anita BlakeRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels that have moon in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best non-romance werewolf booksRead user opinions
in What are the best if you liked Harry DresdenRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books for fantasy, sci-fi and mystery readersRead user opinions
in What are the best adult fantasy romance books with an independent heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best books with werewolvesRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels with strong womenRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books that feature atheismRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal books with vampires or werewolvesRead user opinions
in What are the best timeless paranormal romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best books by the best fiction authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with strong heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best supernatural and immortal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best werewolves novels for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best romances with werevolves and shiftersRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels with strong female charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best neighbor romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with neighborhood romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best adult paranormal romance seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best Native American romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about vampire, werewolves, and witchesRead user opinions
in What are the best shapeshifter books with gay charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best Urban Fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with strong female leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best first books of PNR-UF seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best supernatural romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best urban fantasy seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal and fantasy romance booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Moon Called (Mercy Thompson)
There are no comments yet!
- "One of the most exciting werewolf novels that I have ever read with a great heroine character that smart, sassy, and gorgeous. I have pick up this book back a few years ago and read it at least 5 times already. Moon Called will leave you wanting for more if you pick up this book. If you enjoy books about werewolf, supernatural, and romance, I highly recommend you get this book now!"
There are no comments yet!
There are no comments yet!
- "“Moon Called” is an excellent book, full of romance and adventure. It’s nice to see a committed werewolf romance in an age where vampires get most of the attention. If you’re looking for a fun, modern paranormal romance, this is the book for you."
- "There are many similarities between the overarching premise between this book and the Harry Dresden novels. But beyond that, these are two very enjoyable books. I'd recommend reading this one, but you have to be willing to accept it as its own thing. If you're looking for Harry Dresden, you will be disappointed. Mercy is definitely her own person."
- "The first of the Mercy Thompson novels is quite an enjoyable introduction to Patricia Briggs's urban fantasy setting (although that term is semi-inappropriate for this story, as it takes place for the most part in what sounds like a suburban setting with a side order of mountain wilderness toward the middle). Told in the first person, this series follows the adventures of Mercedes Thompson ("Mercy" for short), who believes herself "no match for a werewolf" but has a tendency to prove herself capable of standing up to most of the dark things life throws at her from this book onward. A "walker," Mercy's magical superpower is the ability to shift into a coyote form, but what makes her interesting is the mundane set of talents and traits layered on top of that, many of which manifest her as one of a surprisingly small number of "strong, independent woman trope" characters who narratively make sure they earn that status in the eyes of the reader rather than just stepping up and assuming that a handful of vaguely defined positive strengths can carry a character arc. She's a tough character, but also tactful enough to maneuver around the troublesome dominance instincts of a werewolf to avoid angering them; she's independent in the most practical sense, by which I mean she runs and owns her own business and is good enough at what she does to be proud of that business. And while she may mentally acknowledge and occasionally acquiesce to the wishes of the protective Alpha males in her life, she never quite brings herself to give up sticking her nose in things and has the cunning, nerve, and deductive reasoning skills to stand out as a dark horse contributor to the adventures she takes part in. That Mercy is such a compelling character is important, because Mercy is what holds this series of books together. There is no single, continuous plot, there is only continuity and character development. The stories are largely self-contained within their own arcs apart from their building effect on the world in which Mercy lives and on her and the characters around her."
- "Moon Called is the outlandish tale of a shapeshifting werewolf named Mercy Thompson. Abandoned by her family as a result of an affair, Mercy sets out on her own. This is the first book from Patricia Briggs and spurred her popularity and turned her into a NY Times best selling author. "
There are no comments yet!
- " Moon Called (Mercy Thompson) is one of the best books with strong heroines. If you have a young girl in your family they will love reading this book. It is all about shapeshifters and werewolves and romance and is sure to get her juices flowing. It is a must read for sure."
- "Breaking Dawn due to its popularity in the book and movies is likely a number one choice for best novels. Yet Moon Called which is the first of the Mercy Thompson novels is rated very high particularly for showing a strong women heroine She believes she is no match for a werewolf but proves herself over and over again with her magical superpower to turn into a coyote form. "
- "I do love to read things with heavy horror elements, and this one did not disappoint me in the least. This has werewolves, romance, and an intriguing plot that kept me hooked from page to page. It is not your typical lycan story, but that's a good thing, right? Don't let the trashy cover fool you, this one is worth picking up! Highly recommended."
- "I wanted to find a good Native American romance book and came across Moon Called (Mercy Thompson). This looks like a young adult book, which includes romance, but also has many other aspects. Also, its primarily focused on other aspects of native americans, not their culture really. Thus, I do not recommend this book highly for people who want this genre. "
- "I found this book to really be enjoyable. Gay main characters are a rarity in this and other mediums and it was nice to get a change of pace. I read the book on my commute to work everyday and was really immersed in it. It had a little bit of everything in it, there was romance, conflict, supernatural elements and mystery. I rooted for the main character throughout and this has to be one of the best shapeshifter books I have every read and the gay characters are an extra bonus."
- "well looking over urban fantasy books on Amazon to add to my collection, I stumbled upon Moon Called by Mercy Thompson. the story of an exiled shapeshifter who is also a werewolf is quite imaginative with many twists and turns. If you like urban fantasy, I recommend this book. "
- "Werewolves are one of my favorite creatures, but they are often done in a poor way. This is not the case for Moon Called (Mercy Thompson). Everything in this book is done right. It is a page turner from start to finish. If you a new to urban fantasy, I strongly suggest this book. If you have already read many urban fantasy books, this is still a great read. When I was looking for a good werewolf book, this book did not let me down."