This solution is ranked
in What are the best fiction books about gay romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best sexy gay romance books with BDSMRead user opinions
in What are the best royal gay romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best gay romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with gay royalsRead user opinions
in What are the best LGBT science fiction and fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a gay military themeRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about two menRead user opinions
in What are the best gay-themed books that feature childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction books with BDSMRead user opinions
in What are the best sadistic gay romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction with LGBT themesRead user opinions
in What are the best YA male to male romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring gay twinksRead user opinions
in What are the best gay romance novels for homosexualsRead user opinions
in What are the best transgender friendly booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books for Queer peopleRead user opinions
in What are the best gay romance books for crossdressersRead user opinions
in What are the best gay erotica romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fun reads for gaysRead user opinions
in What are the best books with gay alpha male charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for gaysRead user opinions
in What are the best gay romance books featuring teenage charactersRead user opinions
What the community says about My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency Series)
There are no comments yet!
- "In one word, WOW. I have read this book 4 times already. The universe created as well as the character development exceeds all expectatons for SF. The only way to improve upon this book and it's companion is to offer the public more books that help to answer the questions created and offers us more of this universe and the wonderful characters that completely engulf the reader. Please give us MORE, MORE, MORE!!"
- "The book is unique and intriguing. I loved the way the characters were brought out. I also loved the combination of military and a prince which makes it interesting and draws curiosity. I enjoyed the book and it was worth buying it.""This is just a waste of time, it was a waste of time for the writer and certainly is a waste of time for the reader, spare yourself the loss of hours of your life and just dont read it."
- "As an avid book reader occasionally I'm looking for books that are somewhat less main stream and stumble into topics such as LGBT issues combined with science fiction and/or fantasy. After some searching I decided to try out "My Fair Captain" by J.L. Langley. I initially thought that this book wasn't going to do it for me but I decided to stick with it and was pleasantly surprised. It is an interesting tale and the dynamic between the older and younger men is quite intriguing. The science fiction elements are good fun and the LGBT aspects are woven intelligently into the story without feeling overbearing, especially for those that typically wouldn't be as interested in such topics. Overall, I highly recommend the book to anyone interested in LGBT and science fiction."
- "My brother is a gay man serving with the military. He is also a sucker for a good romance novel. I gave him this book as a gift for Christmas and he loves how steamy it is!""My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency Series) is the best book I've ever read with a gay military theme and it surprised me with how intellectual and brilliant it was.""The riveting story of Nathaniel overcoming adversity with the Prince is riveting. It certainly satisfies my desire for a gay military themed novel."
- "Swarthy Intergalactic Navy Captain Nathaniel Hawkins ran from a past he had no intention of ever reliving. But when his Admiral asks him to use his peerage, as an earl and the heir to a dukedom, to investigate a missing weapons stash, he’s forced to do just that. As if being undercover on a Regency planet where the young men are supposed to remain pure until marriage isn’t bad enough, Nate finds himself attracted to the king’s unmarried son. All Prince Aiden Townsend has ever wanted was to be an artist. He has no interest in a marriage of political fortune or becoming a societal paragon. Until he lands in the arms of the mysterious Earl of Deverell. One look at Nate’s handsome face has Aiden reconsidering his future. Not only does Nate make a virile subject for Aiden’s art, but the great war hero awakens feelings in Aiden he has never felt, feelings he can’t ignore. After a momentous dance at a season ball, Aiden and Nate find themselves exchanging important information and working closely together. They have to fight their growing attraction long enough to find out who stole the weapons and keep themselves from a compromising situation and certain scandal"
- ""My Fair Captain" should be plenty enjoyable to anyone who wants a gay erotic novel, but it is decidedly not for a young adult audience. There is a great deal of sexually explicit content and is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18. If it were adapted into a film, it would be R-rated at minimum, but more likely a porn movie."
- "This erotica, science fiction novel is not only far fetched in its premise, but strives to outdo itself with every new character introduced. The plot is ridiculous, even for scifi, and the two gay lovers that share a connection are separated by such a large age gap that it should be criminal to even be in written form. Nothing about this book was appealing and the targeted demographic would find little to enjoy here."
There are no comments yet!
- "This book is terrible. It feels like the author just stuffed every gay stereotype into the two lead characters instead of doing any actual research into gay romance. I thought the book was actually offensive in its portrayal of gay men. I will not be reading any other books by this author. "
- "There is so much good fiction out there for gay men, I hesitate to consider this one among the best. The novel is definitely fun, however. There's a winning combination of science-fiction, romance, and hot sex scenes. "
- "It had great cover art but the writing itself was sometimes painful to read. The plot itself wasn't bad but the author could have used the services of a strong editor. The cheesy words the author chose for profanity, the loose plot ends, and the somewhat crazy story telling. But still, it's fantastically better than gay sci fi/fantasy we had ten years ago... which was next to nothing. My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency Series) is decent, but not excellent"
- #15 of 51
in What are the best books for gays"when his Admiral asks him to use his peerage, as an earl and the heir to a dukedom, to investigate a missing weapons stash, he’s forced to do just that"
- "The book is quite stimulating to say the least. In some areas the descriptions may get a bit goofy but that is expected - this isn't some masterpiece, it's reading for pleasure. Both my partner and I enjoy the book and we feel it helps get us in the mood. Not bad."