This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance novels featuring a hot hero and an average-looking heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best books with truly plus-sized leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a heroine disguised as a boyRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance books with high ratingsRead user opinions
in What are the best Avon romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books of RITA AwardsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with funny titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance series booksRead user opinions
in What are the best lighthearted historical romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best spinster romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best light-hearted romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with sweet love storyRead user opinions
in What are the best books with characters struggling with weightRead user opinions
What the community says about Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers)
- "Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean. the story for the lovers the Lady Calpurnia Hartwell is a 28 year old spinster. She has accepted this role and is quite comfortable in it, or at least she was until one day she overhears her little sister talking about her and saying that she is passive. Nice for readers who wants to spend their time in romantic room."
- "This is a very fun book where the female lead disguises herself as a boy. Fans of Mulan will love this. Give this your young daughter, she will love it."
- "Lady Calpurnia Hartwell has spent ten years among the ton, passive and well-behaved and dreaming of the rakish Marquess of Ralston, who once offered some kind words to her during her miserable first season. But at 28, with her baby sister happily betrothed, Callie is finding that she can’t spend her whole life trying to be a perfect society miss, and she comes up with a list of all the things she’d like to try if propriety weren’t a question. When she decides to put that list into action, Ralston seems like the perfect person to help her get started. Very engaging read."
- "A lady does not smoke cheroot. She does not ride astride. She does not fence or attend duels. She does not fire a pistol, and she never gambles at a gentlemen's club. Lady Calpurnia Hartwell has always followed the rules, rules that have left her unmarried—and more than a little unsatisfied. And so she's vowed to break the rules and live the life of pleasure she's been missing."
- "When you think about it this book is kind of what a lot of women go through some still now. A lot of women feel they shouldn't break the "rules" if they want to get everything they want out of life. Definitely a good book to show you that you should just live your life and not worry so much what others think."
- "Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a break is an excellent romance novel. Sarah Maclean wrote the novel and is is a leading advocate for the romance genre, speaking widely on its place at the nexus of gender and cultural studies. The book shows a womans tranformation from playing by the rules throughout her life to throwing that ideology away and becoming who she was meant to be. Needless to say this has an impact on her romantic life as well. Its a great read for anyone interested in romance."
- "This book is amazing, it describes a very special story, it absorbs your mind while reading it. It has interesting situations and situation in every page, and keeps you interested all the time. I love this book and I suggest it to everyone, i am sure it will be a very good experience for everyone. "
- "I have to say this book fit the bill for what i was looking for. A nice , easy, quick read that left me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Add a cup of coco and you have yourself a night. Good characters, very engaging plot and a great romance all add up to a good read. "
- "This is the first book in the Love by Numbers historical fiction romance series. As far as historical romance goes, it's witty and humorous and has the sexy scenes that modern readers will love. However, the lead character is not embarrassed or ashamed of her weight, landing it a low rating on this list."