This solution is ranked
in What are the best books published by Entangled TeenRead user opinions
in What are the best novels-featuring-jerk-boysRead user opinions
in What are the best love and hate romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best hot romance novels for allRead user opinions
in What are the best YA romance novels with bad boysRead user opinions
in What are the best YA romance books with unlikely couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for adults and young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best slow romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels featuring overprotective boyfriendsRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books featuring a magical healerRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in West VirginiaRead user opinions
in What are the best books with an alien romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult novels with strong heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with supernatural charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books featuring enemies who become loversRead user opinions
in What are the best soulmates booksRead user opinions
in What are the best YA supernatural booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books which haven't been adapted into a movieRead user opinions
in What are the best books with neighborhood romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books featuring aliensRead user opinions
in What are the best love and hate relationship booksRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring hero and heroine with powersRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with intimidating male charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best high school romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for college girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal novels with kickass heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with funny banterRead user opinions
in What are the best steamy teen romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best erotica books between human and alienRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with O,P, and QRead user opinions
in What are the best slow burn romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best intense and angsty romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best next-door romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dominating alpha malesRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in high schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best popular romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with book boyfriend charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best supernatural booksRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult romances with a bad boy characterRead user opinions
What the community says about Obsidian (Lux)
- "This novel does a semi-significant job of featuring what most would call a jerk boy. He in fact turns out to be an alien which is a little strange. He does try and use his powers to save the girl, though, which is noble and not so "jerk-boy-ish". Overall, a riveting read. "
- "I liked the alien angle in the love story as I found it very novel. If you are a typical mills and boons fan you might not like it since there is a lot of non-romantic action. I think this might be a good story for a movie and would not be surprised if it gets reeled."
- "i've never been interested in aliens books or anything that has to do with aliens. but my friend has read this book and she liked it so decided to give this a chance. Characters have been introduced as HOT and it has a lot of sexual tensions as well HAHA and actually thinking of buying the second book :D"
There are no comments yet!
- "Jennifer Armentrout did a great job by choosing West Virginia as the setting of her Lux series. It was incorporated so nicely into the story, too. She needed a beta quartz mountain for her story, and what better state to place it in than in the Mountain State itself?"
- "I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It was fun, fast paced, and sizzling with romance. In addition, to that I found the main character to be very relatable. She’s just a normal teenage girl who likes books, blogging and hanging out with her friends. If you enjoy science fiction, romance and young adult you will love this novel. In addition, if you are a fan of Twilight you will really enjoy this book. "
There are no comments yet!
- "This is an interesting book, but not the strongest plot that I have read lately. The plot is thin as Daemon is continually called upon to use his power to save Katy and his sister. It would be difficult to make this into a feature movie and retain the audience for a very long period of time. As a book, it is good, but not page riviting."
- "When seventeen-year-old Katy Swartz moved to West Virginia right before her senior year, she’d pretty much resigned herself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring, but then she spotted her hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up…until he opened his mouth. Daemon Black is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. It’s hate at first sight, but when a stranger attacks her and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. The hot guy next door? Well, he’s an alien. Turns out that Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities and Katy is caught in the crosshairs. Daemon’s touch has lit her up like the Vegas Strip and the only way she’s getting out of this alive is by sticking close to him until her alien mojo fades. That is if she doesn’t kill him first."
- "So I picked this up because I'm super into sci-fi and extraterrestrial type stories. I also am currently into the young adult fiction fan craze so I thought this would be a perfect match. I really like Katy and I really like the storyline. The author does really well developing the characters even though I do think she spends a little bit too much time developing Daemon's physical features. Also, Damon is exceptionally rude and big jerk but if you can get past that and see the evolution of the characters' development than it's a very good story."
- "I was super excited when Obsidian was released and rushed to the book store to purchase it, but I was sorely disappointed as I read through the plot about Katy Swartz. The premise and story line sounded good but it did not deliver in the end. Swartz's character seemed to not fulfill the role as well as she could have and the plot line drug on with endless rabbit trails and was confusing to follow. I would recommend only borrowing this book and not purchasing."
- "Looking for a good Young Adult book. You should definitly check this one out. What's worse than moving in high school? Moving to West Virginia but what if you move right next door to a super sexy alien? This is a very action packed and page turning thriller but the love affair between Katy and Daemon will have you wanting more. Read in a day because I could not put this down. Wonderfully written."
- "Obsidian (Book 1 of the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout) is a different, but very entertaining type of high school romance novel. I had never read and alien romance novel before, but truly enjoyed this one. The characters are very well drawn out and Katy is likable as is Daemon. I couldn't put this down."
There are no comments yet!
- "I believe that this solution is a great one for this problem. Katy is in an age of reaching adulthood and the situation in her life brings her to a point where Daemon, a good looking guy is living the next door. This will generate erotica in the story, while the attack on Daemon would add an increased amount of drama. Obsidian (Lux) is a good solution for this problem."
- "This quirky romace novel is fantastic. No normally being a fan of romance books this particular one grabbed me from the beginning. It is smart, well written, and has a fresh story that grabs you from the beginning. The characters feel real and you instantly take a keen interest in their story from the beginning. Highly recommended!"
- "Obsidian is such a fantastic book from a great series, Lux, its quirky and surprising and an all around fun read for adults and young adults alike. I highly recommend this series if you love sci-fi at all. I thought it might be silly at first but then I couldn't put it down and was looking forward to the next book. "
- "I bought this book because it was so highly reviewed by others, but I feel like I made a huge mistake. This is one of the most poorly written, boring books I have ever read. It reads like it was written by a high schooler! I thought maybe my kids would enjoy it, but neither of them could get through it either. This was a huge waste of money. "
- "Ok I loved this book!! I loved the characters and the storyline. The only part that was hard for me to get over was aliens... I don't know why because I love my paranormal/ fantasy books. Just something about aliens turns me off. Or should I say every time the book uses the word alien, it makes me think twice. When I'm just reading about the characters, it's a great book... Even though I know they are aliens, it just turns me off when they actually say it. Weird, I know...."
- "Nothing like finding out your new neighbor is not only hot, but is an alien as well! That may be enough to turn most girls off, but what about when he saves you from hordes of evil alien invaders? Intergalactic lust and romance at its best! "