This solution is ranked
in What are the best books with a taboo themeRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about cougarsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with contemporary May-December romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best books with trapped or stranded charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with beach town settingRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels about survivalRead user opinions
in What are the best books with taboo and incest themeRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels dealing with illnessRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about a student-teacher relationshipRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with nursing the sick themesRead user opinions
in What are the best smutty romance books for intellectualsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with stranded themesRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like Jodi PicoultRead user opinions
in What are the best slow romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for adults and young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with a student teacher affairRead user opinions
What the community says about On the Island
There are no comments yet!
- "I recently bought the book "On the Island" by Tracey Garvis-Graves, and I really liked it! It's about the sory of an English teacher that goes to the Maldives to tutor T.J. Callahan, but some unlucky events lead both of them to get stranded on the island.. Very interesting one!"
- "When I saw On The Island in the bookstore, I immediately thought of Cast Away and Lost, which deal with being stranded on an island. If you like that genre, you'll like this book but it's probably more Robinson Crusoe than Gilligan's Island. It also definitely has a romantic theme for those into love stories. Probably a good read to read this summer on ... the beach!"
There are no comments yet!
- "This was a very entertaining read. But it doesn't fit what is being advertised. As far as I remember there was no incest, and I guess there was some taboo things. But, overall - it's not really racy. So, great book, just bad labeling."
- "On the Island is a fun romance novel, but nothing to write home about. It was a fun summer read for me, but not too memorable. The characters are realistic and relatable, but the story itself isn't all that original. While the story deals with hardship and survival, it isn't about dealing with illness. "
- "I'm not sure exactly how large this particular niche is; and this is definitely more a story about survival than romance, but "On the Island" is a truly captivating book that will satisfy any reader. There are many books out there about relationships between older men and younger women in much more scandalous contexts, but this book accurately depicts how relationships can develop when put inside a vacuum and all the uncertainty that comes with it.""I bought this book for the compelling story between the student and teacher and it was enjoyable for the most part. In the middle of the story it began to get a bit repetitive and it did hold my full attention. I really enjoyed the dialogue and the author's word choice."
- "On the Island is not a book that you can read all times since it will make you very sad. The story is no different than any other romance novels which has a story of a person and a professionals. You should only read it if you do not have any other thing to read."
- "On the Island is a story of a May-December relationship with a twist. It is the love story of Anna, a 30 year old woman and 16 year old T.J. They were the only survivors of a private plane crash on a deserted island. Their relationship developed and grew from of their struggle to survive in this lonely and unusual situation. This is a touching story of personal strength and love."
- "A fantastic novel! Romance novels are a dime a dozen yet this seems to break out from the crowd. It sets itself apart by having an unconventional theme wherein the female is about a DECADE older than the male student! Captivating and sure to keep anyone from setting it down!"