This solution is ranked
in What are the best stream-of-consciousness novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for the modern day hippieRead user opinions
in What are the best great American novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best roman à clef novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about journeys on the roadRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by Keith LawRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned by Jess Mariano in Gilmore GirlsRead user opinions
in What are the best cult classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best 20th-century novels according to Joachim SchollRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring AmericaRead user opinions
in What are the best 1960s counter-culture booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books from Marilyn Monroe's personal libraryRead user opinions
in What are the best books that influenced AmericaRead user opinions
in What are the best Jack Kerouac booksRead user opinions
in What are the best magnum opus booksRead user opinions
What the community says about On the Road
- "On the Road is sort of a novelized autobiography of Jack Kerouac. It loosely discusses the real life of Kerouac and his friend Neal Cassady as they take a road trip across the country. It is a fast moving book, but this version is a bit different from the original version that you can find. It still has a very free-form type writing style and if you enjoy that style you will love this bohemian book."
- "On the Road is a great American novel about two friends who embark on a cross-country trip to find experience and meaning. It's a book that's written in such a way that differs from most other books and keeps readers fully engaged, wanting more. It'a a well-written book with great characters."
- "This book sounds very promising. It sounds like it has a lot to offer and the fact that it's in autobiography is pretty cool. You know that the author has done the things in here at least per claim. The book title itself could be a little bit more interesting to draw attention a little bit better"
- "the reader who love to read autobiography is best for them.The classic novel of freedom and the search for authenticity that defined a generation. The price also awesome. Cheap. but look dry not adventure, fantisium etc."
- "I am a huge Kerouac fan and this book did not disappoint. I enjoyed the book so much that I am seriously considering taking a well deserved vacation and hitting the road to experience some of the freedoms Kerouac describes in this book. On the Road will definitely go on the shelf in my library with the other classics I've collected. "