This solution is ranked
in What are the best young adult books featuring aliensRead user opinions
in What are the best books with an alien romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best books about alien and humanRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult fiction books with sexy scenesRead user opinions
in What are the best next-door romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best YA supernatural booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for college girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in West VirginiaRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books with plus-sized charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best soulmates booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with O,P, and QRead user opinions
in What are the best adult fantasy and paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with characters struggling with weightRead user opinions
in What are the best ya fiction books set in academies or campsRead user opinions
in What are the best YA romance novels with bad boysRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books published by Entangled TeenRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring hero and heroine with powersRead user opinions
in What are the best erotica books between human and alienRead user opinions
in What are the best love and hate romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with supernatural charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with neighborhood romancesRead user opinions
What the community says about Onyx (Lux)
- "In the wake of Twilight's immense success, there came a period in time when the young adult novel market was flooded with what you might call "Like Twilight, but with ____ instead" books. The one-word titled "Onyx" is just another one in a long line of these, with its specific gimmick being aliens instead of vampires. The formula is as you'd expect: Self-absorbed teenage girl meets handsome but mysterious teenage boy, learns his secrets ("OMG you're an alien?!"), and they fall in love as an outside group tries to intervene (this time it's the US government itself, taking a page out of the movie E.T.). I guess if you're a teenage girl who doesn't care about originality or intellectually stimulating storytelling, you will be mildly entertained by this book. Otherwise, it's not really worth your time."
- "If you like Alien romance this is certainly for you, like a Twilight for people who prefer extraterrestrials to vampires. The main character is moody, troubled, brooding and hiding dark secrets which come out as the story develops with no small amount of fantasy romance involved too."
- "Looking for a "Slice of Pie" esque book, but including aliens? Who doesn't right! Onyx, written by Jennifer Armentrout, tells us of a story of a young lady who comes to find and befriend, an alien. Not just any alien though.. but i'll leave the rest to you to figure out. ;)"
- "This is a fantasy book where a human girl falls for an other worldly boy. This is the second book in a series. This one is more even in development but overall it is a fantasy romance and given the serious issues facing college girls today there are much better more serious or more classic options. "
- "There is so much that happened in this book that I want to talk about! I'm only going to talk about a few though because I don't want to give away the whole story, unless someone wants to discuss! This YA Paranormal story has many twists and turns in the plot, keeping me dying to find out what would to the amazing characters that have captured my heart. Needless to say, I am going to be one-clicking the next book in this series ASAP to find out about their next adventure! "
- "I read this as part of deal that I have with a sister where we recommend a book that we may not normally read to each other. I normally have no use for romance novels, but am rating this within the genre. The plot itself is better than average, the main character is interest and the inter-species romeo and juliet concept adds a sci fi genre that makes is palatable. I may have rated this between a three and four, but it is poorly written. A little proofreading goes a long way."
- "The classic girl meets new boy in school romance. But this one has a few more twists as things are not quite what they seem. There is some lust and hate and intrigue in this hard to put down read. It't part of a series so you can be sure to be busy for some time!"
- "I liked the story and liked the chemistry between the characters. It is really original and the book transported me to the story. Katy is a great character and I like how Daemon doesnt give up and keeps on pushing it. Great read, addictive and really fun."
- "Human/alien sex is making a big comeback recently, with Shape of Water sweeping up at the award shows. Onxy (the second book in the Lux series) looks to capitalize on that trend. While you might get some weird looks on the subway, I found this to be a beautiful love story. No regrets."
- "I made the mistake of reading this book first before reading the first part of the series, and it kind of messed up the characters for me. There's a lot different between this book and the first in terms of characterization and plot developments, so if you're going to try to get into this series, don't make the same mistake I did. Read the first book first."
- "The characters in Onyx feel more sci-fi than supernatural (aliens do usually fall under that umbrella), but there's definitely some overlap between sci-fi and supernatural, so I feel that it kind of fits. As for the book itself, it's good, maybe not the very best, but good. I liked it well enough, but given that it's not my favorite in the world and it feels like it's not a fully supernatural story, I have to dock it a few points. Though, maybe that's also because it's a romance story, and I'm just not too fond of those. Heh."
- "This is a book in a series that requires you to read a previous novel in order to be caught up and get this one. That might not be something others are willing to do. It will be worth your time if you do it. It will allow you to get familiarity with the characters. You get to see and experience a lot more with the characters in this sequel. It allows you to see some of them grow and find themselves on a deeper level. "