This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance novels of the 20th centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance novels with arranged marriagesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance novels with time travelRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic highlander romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction novels with time travelRead user opinions
in What are the best Celtic fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read sexy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Scottish time travel romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Scottish fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best highland romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read historical romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance novels with a tortured heroRead user opinions
in What are the best historical paranormal romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with strong female charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1990sRead user opinions
in What are the best 18th century booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with nursing the sick themesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance with angstRead user opinions
in What are the best books with genre crossoversRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance novels with married couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the best fictional couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring a Scottish heroRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction books that are actually historical fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best adult romance seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best women's fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring redhead girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best audiobook series to listen toRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring warRead user opinions
in What are the best audiobooks to listen toRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best alternatives to Game of Thrones BooksRead user opinions
What the community says about Outlander
- "If you’re looking for an intense, suspenseful and erotica romance novel- Outlander is perfect. Danger, passion and romance will captivate you as Claire has a husband in one century, but a lover in another. Rich, elaborate history fills the pages and really makes this story comes to life. "
- "I am a great fan of Celtic fiction novels, so I always like to read books that take place in this setting. With Outlander, I was told a great story that painted the picture of 1740 Scotland beautifully. The story that is told is wonderful and is highlighted by the highly descriptive Celtic setting where the story takes place. "
- "Amazing! One of the best books I have ever read! When you stay up past 2am to finish a book even though you know how it ends, that's one great read. I have seen all first 3 seasons of the show, and had to start reading the books. The books have more depth, and gave me a much better understanding of the characters, and the time period, but the show is very true to the book. Diana Gabaldon has created characters that you truly care about. You feel as if you are actually back in the Scotland of the 1700's, surrounded by it's beauty, it's brutality, and the day to day life and struggles of the times. The book is very well researched, both the history and the language of the time. (I read this in my kindle and really appreciated the ability to instantly investigate the definitions.) For me, I enjoyed reading the book after having seen the show, as it gave me a defined visual picture of the characters while I was reading. But the book is amazing even without that. It is historical fiction at its best, and one of the greatest love stories of all times!"
- "There is no question, this is the perfect example for the topic. I would love to get this book right away, and those more than 4 stars rating out of 30 thousand reviews is greatly acknowledged and definitely worth considering if you are trying to look for the best books or must read historical romantic novels."
- "I've read the this book but i also bought its audiobook after finishing reading it. Why did i buy an audiobook? Well this book i mean the first book in the series has changed my life. I cannot even start to tell on how much i fell in love with the main characters of the book Claire Beauchamp and Jamie Fraser. I adore their love story that has so much devotion, respect and soul reaching love. "
- ""Outlander" proved be a decent historical romance novel with a tortured hero. The time traveling element really creates a magical aura which is a perfect backdrop for this love story. The book had points where it seemed to lack explanation but overall it was entertaining."
- "I loved this book because of the way it relies on historical details. The story is very unique in that it is based on the concept of travelling through time and when paired with amazing characters, fantastic adventures, and steamy romance, this book had it all. "
- "This is a great book series. The first book is by far the best, setting up the scenario. Time travel, love, romance, war, conflicting interests. It's also very informative as it gives you a peek into what times used to be like, and the wars and histories of the countries through the years. "
- "Diana Gabaldon paints a vivid picture with Outlander, the first book in her historical romance series. Gabaldon's use of language and emotions are superb here, bringing more depth and weight than most other books of this genre. Overall, this is a terrific example of a historical romance with angst."
- "I am in love with this book. The two main characters the novel focuses on are meant to be together. They have this bond that no one can break and it it is interesting to see how Claire wants to return home the whole time she is there, but then again she wants to stay. This is definitely a great romance novel that features a Scottish hero. He really goes out of his way to protect her."
- "Great writing and good story. I like this author and the stories she tells. The characters are real and 3 dimensional. The book is very engaging and hard to put down. It makes you feel like you are really there with the characters. Read this on the plane and finished it in my hotel during a conference. A good way to relax with a romance novel."
- #21 of 69
in What are the best erotic books
- "This series is a fantasy lovers dream. The story arcs are long and believable. There is awesome plot and fantasy like Game of Thrones."