This solution is ranked
in What are the best science fiction seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best hard science fiction books of the 21st centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best space opera books of the 21st centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like Mass EffectRead user opinions
in What are the best military science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best hard science fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction novels of the 21st centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Pandora's Star (The Commonwealth Saga)
- "The Commonwealth Saga by Peter F. Hamilton is one of the great sci fi fiction series; the second book, Pandora's Star, really gets the story going. I love how his writing really makes you feel the fear and worries of the characters--he never skimps on descriptions that keep you engaged and there is a great deal of philosophical thought behind the worlds that he builds. Fun and thoughtful at the same time, these books manage to discuss relevant themes of progress and equality in a fun, accessible space opera."
- "While reading Pandora's Star (The Commonwealth Saga) I felt like I was reading a Soap Opera set in space. The characters felt superficial and the storyline seemed to drag on. Peter F. Hamilton, also seemed to have forgotten to include an ending to this story as the book just ends abruptly without any resolution or climax."
- "Pandora's Star is an excellent followup to The Commonwealth Saga. It portrays the future of earth mixed with aliens and adventure. The plot twists and turns to provide pure excitement as you read through this space opera. As a lover of science fiction, this book is one of the best of it's kind. The story line is so real and drew me right into the book, as if I were one of the characters. "
- "Pandora's Star is not really focused on military but it is a decent science fiction book. It is about humans learning to inhabit starts using black hole travel. They encounter aliens and struggle over limited resources. My main complaint is that it seems a little long winded at times."
- "My brother is a huge science fiction fan so I wanted to get him a present on his birthday that fit his interests. The man who worked at the book shop suggested that I check out Pandora's Star (The Commonwealth Saga) as a gift idea as it was one of his favorites. He said it was at the top of his list in regards to best novels."
- "We all love Star Wars, or Stare Trek, but what do you do when you have read all of those novels. That is exactly what I was thinking when I found this book series. A great read that will fuel that need you have for science fiction and outer space. I won't spoil the book here, but it is on of my favorite reads ever. I could not put this book down."