This solution is ranked
in What are the best books written by black authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best solarpunk booksRead user opinions
in What are the best contemporary literary works written by black womenRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi novels with female protagonistsRead user opinions
in What are the best multi-ethnic American literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction books by female authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like SunvaultRead user opinions
in What are the best books about the dark side of human natureRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Octavia E. ButlerRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction books with feminist themesRead user opinions
in What are the best New Adult science-fiction fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best black girl books included on Marley Dias' book driveRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books for college-bound readersRead user opinions
in What are the best science-fiction or fantasy books with feminist themeRead user opinions
in What are the best books from the Crash Course literature reading listRead user opinions
in What are the best magnum opus booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
- "I loved this book from start to finish. It is great storytelling and gives you a look at the reality of our world today. The power of companies vs the plight of the little guy, the fear we create among each other about other people, the ongoing issues related to the climate; it's a great book. I have long commutes at times so i love to read a good book a long the way and one that keeps me engaged. This book kept me engaged. I had a hard time putting it down; i wanted to continue reading as the writing is that good. This book will inspire you in ways you didn't think possible. A fantastic book overall. "
- "I would classify this book as a contemporary literary book written by a black women, but I would not say it is the best. The book is written well and has a lot of the same struggles we as a society are facing today. The book is written is a dairy form which made it a little boring to read. "
- "This book surprised me. I was planning on hating it, but instead am somewhat of a fan. It's one of those dystopia books (the ones that I usually skip). But the writing is so effective, it just draws you in. Some of the spirituality can seem a bit new age-y, but don't worry. The plot twists will keep you entertained. "
- "Parable of the Sower is a very smart book and a great take on how humans hold each other back from progress. The dystopia here is more believable than others I've read. I really appreciated how the story show a lot of darkness but also how resilient people can be when facing true evil."
- "I'm not entirely sure of this search criteria, but this seems like a decent book for people of many walks of life, looking for something with a spiritual twist. This seems like a good novel, but I am not sure if it gits this search at all."
- "I'm not sure what would be considered a good book for college-bound folks. Maybe something about time management or study habits? Either way I'm not sure Parable of the Sower fulfills that role. With that being said it's still a good book. If you're into futuristic dystopian fiction, then you may enjoy it."
- "A post apocalyptic story, joining others in its warnings and depictions of the raw aspects of human nature. Sustains its (push on and survive) mood throughout with well constructed situations and a variety of characters whose basic human needs are met within a civilization that has been reduced to being primitive, full of hostile forces, and dangers. The situation has arisen from an unspecified cause. Very well written; well above the many pumped out yarns similarly inspired."