This solution is ranked
in What are the best erotica books with bizarre charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic books with monstersRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction horror booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with mixed race protagonistRead user opinions
in What are the best books about AliensRead user opinions
in What are the best books from the hot listRead user opinions
in What are the best books with Native American mythologyRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic books with shapeshifter charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best supernatural fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about extra-terrestrial beingsRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like Anita BlakeRead user opinions
in What are the best revenge themed booksRead user opinions
in What are the best New Hampshire setting booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books where a supernatural character gets pregnantRead user opinions
in What are the best books about the internment of Japanese AmericansRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic thriller novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature sea monstersRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like SupernaturalRead user opinions
in What are the best novels that feature monstersRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult fantasy books since 2005Read user opinions
in What are the best Lovecraft booksRead user opinions
in What are the best dark science fiction novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Poseidon's Children (Legacy of the Gods)
- "What a weird book. It's one of those where if you see it you assume it's trash, but if you read it you actually enjoy it. Secrecy, creatures, suspense, it's got it all. If you like the old tales of God's and their illegitimate children..this is for you. It's almost similar to the Percy Jackson novels."
- "Poseidon's Children is adventure book where the main character is half human, half god, hence the name of the title. It takes place primarily in the ocean after Larry Neuhaus witnesses a shark attack. He explores an ancient civilization down below the ocean's surface and uncovers its mysteries."
- "I liked this book from the moment I saw it because it had a lot of mythology to it. I thought from the beginning it was really fascinating, with plot twists early on. The whole book kept me entranced and wanted to keep reading. It is a really good setting and the characters are great. I'm looking forward to another book."
There are no comments yet!
- "Its easy to see why this is such a great book. Its hard to find where the author went wrong on this one. The writing is great and it will keep you up at night with nightmares. Although its very scary to read, its something that you wont want to or be able to put down. It was very refreshing to see the author take a chance when it came to writing this book. It goes away from what they are used to. "
- "I really loved this book. I'm a Stephen King fan, and this reminded me of him a lot. It wasn't revenge-themed in my opinion, but just a really great book with a lot of suspense and action. The author isn't afraid to take out his own characters, that's for sure."
- "This book is a bit difficult to characterize. It is a thriller but it has science fiction overtones and perhaps urban fantasy with Children of the Corn and Al Capone. Archeologist trying to establish the whereabouts of Atlantis encounter a current situation that jeopardizes their lives and mental well being. I'm not terrible thrilled with the first paragraph and its run on sentence but bear with me. Mr. West crafted both a thought provoking story and a tense, action packed runaway. You can get caught up in the action and miss the contemplation of how little we know of the bulk of our earthly environment, the seas. Interesting characters abound in this book. You have archeologists, artists, authors, gangsters, psychopaths, the Coast Guard and shape changers. West does a good job crafting each player and making them believable. The story is colorful, entertaining and well plotted. There is something for every reader and the story provides fodder for every imagination."
- "I always love when women get pregnant. I further love when a powerful, supernatural being gets pregnant. With Poseidon's Children (Legacy of the Gods), I was able to immerse myself in the story and find that this book was much more than the pregnancy of a supernatural character. This book helped me explore a brand new fantasy world, which made the pregnancy that much more exciting. "
- "Poseidon's Children (Legacy of the Gods) is one of the best books that feature sea monsters. It is the first book in this series for kids. It is a great book for young adults and they are sure to love the story of adventure. If your kid likes to read, get them this book."
- "Man no longer worships the old gods; forgotten and forsaken, they have become nothing more than myth and legend. But all that is about to change. After the ruins of a vast, ancient civilization are discovered on the ocean floor, Coast Guard officers find a series of derelict ships drifting in the current-high-priced yachts and leaking fishing boats, all ransacked, splattered in blood, their crews missing and presumed dead. And that's just the beginning. Vacationing artist Larry Neuhaus has just witnessed a gruesome shark attack, a young couple torn apart right before his eyes....at least, he thinks it was a shark. And when one of these victims turns out to be the only son of Roger Hays, the most powerful man in the country, things go from bad to worse. Now, to stop the carnage, Larry and his new-found friends must work together to unravel a mystery as old as time, and face an enemy as dark as the ocean depths"
- "This is a really great book with some nice monsters, but you have to really give it a shot, for my liking it started off really slow and I found it hard to get into. I decided to keep with it and I'm so glad I did because it just keeps getting better and better and the book ends off a lot stronger than it starts. Definitely worth a read and if you're bored after starting it just remember this and power through that boredom and it gets better."
- #12 of 16
in What are the best Lovecraft books