This solution is ranked
in What are the best books written by Utah authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring princesses in disguiseRead user opinions
in What are the best books about modern royal talesRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult novels published in 2005Read user opinions
in What are the best novels with boarding school storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best fairy talesRead user opinions
in What are the best free books from Smashwords and EpubbudRead user opinions
in What are the best books for middle schoolersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for 13-year-old girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about princessesRead user opinions
in What are the best ya fiction books set in academies or campsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for middle school girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about drug addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books where childhood best friends fall for each otherRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction novels set in a boarding schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best books for LDS book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best LDS romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read fairy tale retellings for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best clean books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books that received the Newbery medal or honorRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for pre-teen girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teensRead user opinions
What the community says about Princess Academy
- "Princess Academy is a novel by Newbery Honor-winning author, Shannon Hale. It tells the story of a girl named Miri as she attends a princess academy with other girls from her village, all in the hopes of becoming chosen by the prince.a very good story line"
- "I saw this book, Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, on the New York Times Bestseller list and had to buy it for my 12 year-old niece. We started our own little book club and we are reading this book together. It is a fairy tale about Miri, who weds her prince after winning the princess competition and becomes a not so typical princess. I would recommend this book for children as well as adults. It is well written, has an exciting plot, and the characters while not so perfect are likable, witty, and courageous."
- "Princess Academy is one of the best books I've found about modern royal tales. I bought this at a local bookseller as a treat and it did not disappoint! The author is a favorite of mine and the writing is superb. The main character is quite fascinating as well. I nearly read it in one sitting and have recommended it to several friends!"
- "I got this book to give to my daughter because I wanted her to read a story with a strong female presence. The main character in this is so strong and loving. I wanted my daughter to see that these were positive traits in this scary world and this book delivered. Kept her captivated with fantasy and romance and gave her a heroin to look up to. Very impressed."
- #4 of 35
in What are the best fairy tales"This is a great book for kids. I read it with my 5 year old and we both enjoyed it. It's fast paced and very easily understood by kids. I think my child learned at least 10 new words from reading the book. The story is really good too! Almost felt transported back to childhood when reading it."
- "This book takes the "Prince Charming selects a commoner to be his bride" trope and sets it on its ear. Miri, from a mining village, and other girls from her area, are sent to an academy to be trained to possibly be selected by the prince as princess. When a crisis arises, the students must spring into action to protect the prince and the kingdom. Miri learns about the skills she did not know she had, and discovers a strength of character she was not aware of. This is a great story for kids who like princess stories, and delivers a plucky, lovable character and a feminist message."
There are no comments yet!
- "Princess Academy is one of the best book that has romance about childhood friends that fell for each other. This novel was recommended to me to get it for my daughter in which I did. The characters are amazing they are young, brave, and clever. There is a bit of arguments in the novel but eventually they put aside their difference and work together. A little bit of romance between two childhood friends. Would highly recommend."
- "We must already change these themes of princesses, that is why women grow insecure always looking for their prince (a human being who accepts them) as if they were inferior or were animals, on the other this very well written book but again what I repeat I have to change these tales of princesses"
- "I don't normally buy "princess" type books but Shannon Hale is such a great writer I thought I'd give this a try, "Princess Academy" is geared to a younger audience than "Goose Girl" and "Enna Burning" but it's still a really nice read. I would recommend it. The characters are engaging and the story lines great, this is a teen book, but I enjoyed it as well, Princess Academy was a great read"
- "Princess Academy is a best selling book that completely captivates the imagination of every teenage girls desires. It demonstrates the element of hard work and conflict as well a perseverance to reach a common goal. It's truly an affordable highly rated detailed work of art. "
- #26 of 128
in What are the best books for teens"This solution is Ok. It provides the author and a detailed description of what the book is about. It also mentions that the author is a Newbery Honor author to increase credibility. However, it does fails to mention whether it is a good book for teens and pre-teens."