This solution is ranked
in What are the best books about sociologyRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs about drug addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs about living with mental illnessRead user opinions
in What are the best books about substance abuse and addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best worth-reading books with a depressed characterRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs and autobiographies by womenRead user opinions
in What are the best books with stories about depression and mental illnessRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs with twisted storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction books about mental healthRead user opinions
in What are the best psychology and therapy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for every psychology studentRead user opinions
in What are the best therapy books for studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with psychological themesRead user opinions
What the community says about Prozac Nation
- "This is definitely the book to read if you are suffering from depression or know someone who is. It is extremely intense and well written. The feelings this young woman has is projected onto the reader. The despair, the frustration and irritation. It is extremely well written and I highly recommend it."
- "Prozac Nation is a heartbreaking albeit true story of a woman overcoming depression and drug addiction. In this book she walks us through some of the darkest moments of her life while also explaining what it was like to be young in a time of undiagnosed mental illness. She brings the reader along on her journey of wellness and realizing what she needed to do to be "healthy" again. This book would appeal to anyone interested in Mental Health, or anyone who has enjoyed books like "Girl Interrupted". ""As someone who has also been through the American cycle of anti-depressants, I find that Prozac Nation is very relatable. It was nice to read the story of someone in a somewhat familiar position and see the extent to which they struggle as well. The dabbles into drugs aren't something I have first hand experience with, but reading about it definitely made it seem real."
- "A truly compelling true story of the struggles that people with depression have. Wurtzel is masterful in her story of fighting depression and suicide. I think most people have been in, or know someone who has been dealing with depression issues that Wurtzel explains in the book. Highly recommended for those who have been through or know people who have been dealing with depression."
- "Read this amazing book when it was first published and just read it again when I noticed it was a kindle ebook. This is the most accurate description I have ever read of how clinical depression feels and it is entertaining and helpful. I highly recommend this book to anyone seeking to understand depression, how it feels, and how to manage it. A superb memoir as relevant today as when it was written."
- "Prozac Nation is a gut wrenching reality check about mental health and well being. It paints a picture of how hard it is to deal with mental problems on your own sometimes and is very reflective and personal. Definitely a deep thought provoking book about mental health. "