This solution is ranked
in What are the best books about substance abuse and addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with rRead user opinions
in What are the best books where a character descends into madnessRead user opinions
in What are the best books with an LSD themeRead user opinions
in What are the best intense books that are difficult to finishRead user opinions
in What are the best transgressive fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by Henry RollinsRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Requiem for a Dream
- "Requiem for a Dream was a novel that I finished in one single weekend. I didn't want to put it down and years later, the plot is still fresh on my mind. It's heartbreaking but still captivating that causes the reader to want to keep turning the pages. Of course it's one of the best books that begin with r, who would argue?"
- "This book doesn't exactly have an LSD theme but it is definitely very drug-related. it's a very sobering story about the dangers of harder drugs and the things people do to get more of them. it is definitely an adult themed book one that is not made for children. I have read it though and it is very good."
- "This book is amazing. From a purely psychological point of view, the brokenness and depth of dysfunction the characters exhibit set me agog! The language in which much of the book is written is rather colloquial, but if you can get past that, it's an interesting ride! "
- "Requiem for a Dream is an absolutely fantastic book, I didn't know it was recommended by Henry Rollins, but it makes sense that he would. Many know this book from it's screen adaptation by Darren Aronofsky in 2000. The book is just as dark and affecting as the film if not more so, and I think it truly is one of the best books that Henry Rollins has recommended, all things considered."
- "The movie was great, but the book is amazing. I find myself starting to read more and more books before I watch any of their movie counterparts. For me, it just makes the story much more interesting when you know exactly what it is about. Requiem for a Dream is not different. I would buy this book again if I ever lost it. Hopefully, I won't."
- #69 of 285
in What are the best fiction books