This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance books to read this summerRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with a makeover storyRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with truly plus-sized leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about best friends turned into loversRead user opinions
in What are the best Julia Quinn booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring a hot hero and an average-looking heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best light-hearted romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Avon romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best spinster romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best childhood friends that turned into adult lovers booksRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance novels with married couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with characters struggling with weightRead user opinions
What the community says about Romancing Mister Bridgerton
There are no comments yet!
- "I could really relate to Penelope and I loved Colin. The ending wasn't spectaculer because reactions were mostly left to my imagination, but it worked, and maybe you like it like that. This story stood strong for my second read, but it wasn't as exciting because I already knew the mystery and just wanted it to come out sooner... If that makes sense lol. It seems now that I'm a mother of two boys, I have enough anxiety in my life that I don't really like to read books with too much angst. This I could handle, it wasn't annoying and any anger between the main characters were short. The angst came from keeping the secret from her friends and the "ton." I rated this as 4.5* my first read because I really liked it, but I'm switching it to 3.5 because now it's between "it was okay" and "I liked it." I'm sure I'll read it again and will update my review then."
- "I've been in love with my friend for awhile and haven't been sure as to how I should approach her about this so I've started looking for inspiration from literature. This book is pretty adorable and kind helps me put my current situation in a new light. At first I was kinda scared of rejection and what this would do to our relationship but this book makes me look at it differently."
- "This novel was very well written. Julia Quinn is an excellent novelist and the work she has done with charities is amazing. Colin was an extremely deep character which seemed to get deeper at every turn. Penelope's love for him reminds me of love I experienced when I was younger. It seems like once you start dating someone, you get to know the real them. This book encapsulates this theme throughout. Overall a great plot. The ending left me a little dissatisfied though. However, it's more about the journey than the destination in my opinion. This book is not too heavy like some of the other romance novels I read. A nice casual read for all ages."
- "I usually don't read period piece romance novels but I was in the mood for something different than my usual fair. I found Penelope to be intriguing and the story was interesting enough to hold my attention throughout. Overall, I can recommend this book for people who want a period piece with some romance."
- "I read about half of Romancing Mister Bridgerton, but I put it down because I felt the series had more or less run its course. The third book in the series was the high water mark for me, I felt like the fourth book was just a boring slog that rehashed too many ideas from the previous books in the series."
- "Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn is a romance book, but despite some witty comments by some characters is lacking in humor. The story revolves around the two main characters Colin and Penelope. I personally not a big fan of romance books but I did like the dynamic and connection between the characters and felt this well-written book with a strong storyline."
- "Depending on the weight of the characters involved in the novel, this could potentially be a good way to address the problem/topic. Romance is something people struggling with weight stress about, so I think that this will allow readers to relate to the characters nicely."