This solution is ranked
in What are the best love stories of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best plays by British and Irish authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned in Gilmore Girls seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best books from the Crash Course literature reading listRead user opinions
in What are the best 16th century booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with r, s, or tRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about forbidden loveRead user opinions
in What are the best books that inspired moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best 100-year-old booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books listed on the Authors card gameRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with rRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about star-crossed loversRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a flower on the coverRead user opinions
in What are the best highest rated booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best romancebooks with kindle versionRead user opinions
in What are the best oxford classic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the best fictional couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best books every high school student should readRead user opinions
in What are the best books to teach in high schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best classic romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by William ShakespeareRead user opinions
What the community says about Romeo and Juliet
- "I'll be the first to say that there are some serious flaws in the plot of Romeo and Juliet. That being said, it's a classic and you basically have to read it. Everyone knows the basic story and pop artists like Taylor Swift have written songs about it. The writing and the dialogue is a little bit over the top, but some people may really enjoy that. "
- "I'm going to be honest here and say I've never seen Gilmore Girls. Never really wanted to either, but Romeo and Juliet is a timeless piece of work that I think every child still learns about in school. It's an excellent piece of work that combines drama and romanticism, and heart-felt sadness that really moves you. It's well worth reading and even watching some of the film adaptations as well as live adaptations that are still done in theaters. It's truly a great book."
- "Romeo and Juliet is one of the best books that inspired a movie. Shakespeare's tragedy was beautifully translated to the screen showing the love between two young people who weren't supposed to love one another due to their familial issues. It is one of my personal favorites."
- #5 of 129
in What are the best romance books"I love romance books. Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorites. Although tragic, it's a beautiful love story and the drama between the two families is really fascinating and thrilling. It's beautifully written with lovely prose. I know most people have read it already in school, but I suggest reading it again as an adult. You'll appreciate it and enjoy it a lot more, like I did.""Romeo and Juliet written by William Shakespeare is ancient by today's standards. Modern readers find the wording clunky and hard to read at best. Most people of today find the writings a chore to read and cannot relate to them.""Romeoo and Juliet is a classic romance book. People may have a hard time relating to this book if they are not familiar with William Shakespeare. They may have a hard time understanding the wording used in the book."
- "This "No Fear" Romeo & Juliette little book literally makes you not fear this play. My 9th grader was able to read the actual old English version on the left side of the book and look over the right side for a translation in today's words. It allowed him to fully compare and understand those long monlolgues. This book is definitely student friendly. Very pleased. I highly recommend."
- "I would rather get this story in an audiobook. Listening to this age-old tale being narrated by an actor is much more entertaining than trying to get through the book on my own. I believe every time I hear this book, I hear something different."
There are no comments yet!
- "Romeo and Juliet is one of the best highest rated books. An all-time favorite, this story simply never gets old. Shakespeare is a monumental figure and this is perhaps his most beloved tragedy. There's a reason is such a highest rated books. It may just be in the top ten ever written!"
- "You can ask so many english professors, poets, teachers, and enthusiasts, and almost all of them would put this book in the top 3. This truly is a classic, and will never fail to show its true colors among even the most well written newer books."
- "I was working 8am to 7pm shifts for the past few years and I wanted to make sure I spend time in the evening with my wife who stays at home with my four kids. I was looking for something exciting and special to share with my wife to show my appreciation for all of her hard work and dedication to the family. From my youth, I rediscovered this amazing tale and English novel called "Romeo and Juliet" by William Shakespeare. My wife is an aspiring novelist herself, so she is learning a lot of writing techniques by reading this extraordinary tale about two star crossed lovers who cannot be together because their families are at war with one another. My wife loves the Shakespeare tale and is constantly rereading it! Thank you Romeo and Juliet!"
- "I teach high school and one of my favorite books to teach is Romeo and Juliet. It's a great book for every student to read and makes everyone that reads it appreciate love more. It's a tragedy, which I love, and it's by my favorite author, William Shakespeare. I highly recommend this book for all high school teachers."