This solution is ranked
in What are the best books with titles that start with rRead user opinions
in What are the best books for Mother's DayRead user opinions
in What are the best books about abductionsRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by Target book clubRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological thriller books by female writersRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for any woman and momsRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by female Canadian writersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with r, s, or tRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books for adults with a child protagonistRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels about survivalRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books by Irish womenRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by Irish authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Canadian authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with trapped or stranded charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read Irish booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with psychological themesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best mental hospital fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Room
- "I am looking for a great book about mother-child love as Mother's Day is approaching. Room is definitely a contender. It looks like a story with a lot of love between mother and son, and a very interesting plot. It is highly rated and has won awards. I am definitely going to read this one!"
- "The best books recommended by Target book club include "Room" which is a novel that tells the story of a 5-year-old boy who gets to live in a room he considers the world. Boasting an average customer rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 4,638 Amazon customer reviews, I would strongly recommend this book."
- "Pretty amazing. And riveting. And heartbreaking. And scary. And many other things - good things. The topic is grim, but the author looks at it from such a singular angle that it becomes something else - in a way. And it simultaneously makes the situation that more maddening, and scary. It's almost as if someone from another planet had observed the situation and written a book about it, managing to capture the essence of the circumstance, and its humanity, by looking at it from a completely different point of view. It makes me wonder what other difficult situations the author could look at with that very personal sensibility - I can't wait to find out. A fascinating read, amazingly touching and brilliant."
- "Room is certainly an interesting and compelling book - parts of it can be difficult to read due to some unpleasant subject matter, but it deserves the numerous accolades and awards that it has won. That said, if you are to compare it to all books that start with certain letters, you will find that this makes up a rather significant subset of all the books ever written, considering the relative frequency of starting letters in English words and articles (i.e. "the"). What I am trying to get it is that I am not sure if this is one of the best books ever, or one of the top 10% books, or whatever, which it would have to be if it was one of the best ever books that started with a certain letter of the alphabet. "
- "This is an excellent book. It might seem disturbing, and it is, very much so. But it is about the fight to survive in even the most appalling conditions. It is about using every resource at your disposal to find a way through, and becoming capable of things that seemed impossible. It is about coming alive on the edge of annihilation."
- "This book is one of the best books shedding light on a trapped main character. It delves into what it would be like to be trapped in a small space for an extended period of time and shows the trauma involved in recovering from such an experience. It is very well written and it a great book for anyone to read!"
- "I was recommended this book by a friend of mine who knows I love dark psychological books and while I was skeptical I figured why not and picked it up. I was glad I did because wow I really got into it. I didn't expect it to be as heavy as it was. It really draws you in and holds you captive."