This solution is ranked
in What are the best new adult paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books featuring a strong adult heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best romance audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best urban fantasy audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels-featuring-jerk-boysRead user opinions
in What are the best fae and elven romance urban fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring a Scottish heroRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with strong female charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring controlling and possessive male leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with dominating alpha heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best steamy and sexy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with sociopathic heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult romances with a bad boy characterRead user opinions
What the community says about Shadowfever (Fever)
- "Love consists of what is in your head, directed at your object of affection. During these five books, instead of experiencing the feelings of "love", these people have been anchored in alienating or distancing themselves from those feelings. The way in which they manifested themselves was on a feral natural, a coming together to have sex, much like the act of defecation. I-need-you-now. Let-us-join-so-that-this-lacune-may-be-fulfilled. Or conversely, a withholding, " I-am-complete-within-myself-and-do-not-need-you". Many may thrive on such love, but I do not. I prefer the spiritual give and take, the longing, the impediments that may stand in the way of complete fulfillment of self via the imparting, rather the withholding of information."
- "First person point of view is one of my favorite views when reading books filled with action and emotion. This series, and this book, keep the reader right on the edge of everything emotionally and it has a stomach clenching tension that thrills. I love a book with a strong woman in it and this definitely has that!"
- "Read this book back in 2010 and i also got an audiobook of this because that is how much i loved it that i wanted to listen to it this time rather than read it. Anyway, i still cannot believe that it has already been like more than 8 years since this book series have been over. I am still in awe with all the information that was revealed on this book and i cannot process it. But all in all this is breathtaking, mind-bending nad heart-wrenching. "
- "I've been reading this series from the beginning and every time I am just taken away to another world. The author is so good about creating the characters and you get so engrossed in their world. I love listening to these in audio book form because I can clean or do other tasks while being entranced in the story. This novel is the perfect mix of a modern character juxtaposed into a dark fantasy land. I loved it."
- ""Shadowfever" contains one of the strongest female characters in recent reads. Born out of a tough upbringing, MacKayla is a no-holds-barred kind of gal. She charges forth on her journeys and relentlessly fights for what's right in her eyes."
- "I think Shadowfever does a really good job to set an environment that is stylistic and unique. That's really what I loved the most about the book. If you're looking for something with a male lead, though, this book is not it, as it follows a powerful female through a great journey."
- "My interest was first piqued back in December. The first book kept popping up on my Recommended list and I figured I better give it a go. And boy I'm glad I did! Shadowfever is the last book in the series. After the last book ends in a cliffhanger this one picks up from there. It all goes great, high strung emotions with good writing. The ending left me speechless, ecstatic, and about a million types of happy. It was an open ending, the kind that wraps up the plot but still leaves lots of stuff for us imaginative types to go on. "
- "I enjoy crazy romantic books that have an amazing story, with a bad boy main character. I tried out Shadowfever based on my tastes, and it just didn't fit the mold. The main character was a female lead, which I like, but the bad boy they had in the book was just too formulaic. I wouldn't recommend the book."