This solution is ranked
in What are the best books set in the Pacific NorthwestRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in the 1950sRead user opinions
in What are the best books that take place in WashingtonRead user opinions
in What are the best books with beautiful titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best award-winning fiction books since 1990Read user opinions
in What are the best books about the internment of Japanese AmericansRead user opinions
in What are the best coldness-related book titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books featuring interracial relationshipsRead user opinions
in What are the best literary mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best seasons and weather-themed booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with poetic titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best American historical fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended readings during winterRead user opinions
in What are the best books with movie adaptationsRead user opinions
What the community says about Snow Falling On Cedars
- "I loved this book. It will go into my "Best Books I've Read List". This is one of those books that you just sit back and let it take you away. The descriptions of the area, the people, the way he describes the background on each character. This book made me "feel live " the characters, the storm, the cold, the snow, hear the bullets, and smell the strawberries. The tension builds as you wonder if a person you believed in was really going to do the right thing. After reading this book , I realized if I hadn't read it, I really would have missed something ."
- "A thought provoking novel indeed, 'Snow Falling on Cedars' delves very much into the post WWII era in America. The story itself is capturing to the imagination though the horrific details included in the storyline help to paint more of a picture of the past than anything. After reading the book, I felt like I had a new respect for the Japanese that were interned in concentration camps, even though the novel is about a crime thriller. "
- "I found this murder mystery novel to be very well written. The story is filled with suspense, with many twists and turns. You will most likely want to keep reading as the story will keep you on the edge of your seat. I liked the title of the book, it is somewhat deceptive, although the story is set in a remote area that is quite beautiful. "
- "I wouldn't say that this is the best "coldness-related" book, and I honestly could not get into reading this book. While the descriptions in the book were pretty good if you like nature, the book also includes flashbacks to an earlier time that I found confusing at times. There's also a little bit of romance, mystery, and history (WW II) for those who like that."
- "This book was a good read. It hits on some important historical topics, like the post-WWII racism against Japanese people in the US. One of the character's obsession with the other left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. However, the descriptions are lovely and really put an image in your mind. Your mileage may vary with this book, so maybe read some reviews before picking it up."
There are no comments yet!
- "I love winter and the feeling that it creates. I was looking for a good book to read during winter and Snow Falling on Cedars fit that. It is a hauntingly sad story that flashes back between the 30's, 40's, and 50's. Snow Falling On Cedars is interesting and is a perfect wintertime read."
- "Who says historical fiction has to be boring? I had this book recommended to me, and I'm glad I picked it up. It's a really interesting look at not just a fairly difficult period in American history, but also combines a murder mystery with the recreation writing. It sort of sounds like it's a #meetoo book, or something for a social justice warrior, but it's actually really well written and very clearly laid out what's going on and why. It makes a case without bleeding its heart all over the pages."