This solution is ranked
in What are the best books with poetic titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror books set in a circusRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles inspired by MacbethRead user opinions
in What are the best Ray Bradbury booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles alluding to ShakespeareRead user opinions
in What are the best books similar to Twin PeaksRead user opinions
in What are the best ghost stories for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best 20th century American reading listRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in a circus or carnivalRead user opinions
in What are the weirdest fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best horror books not written by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the best horror books for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read for halloweenRead user opinions
in What are the best suspense and gothic-themed novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best classic science fiction novels published from 1960 to 1969Read user opinions
in What are the best books with sentence as titleRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read horror novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best 20th century science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Something Wicked This Way Comes
- "This book is an absolute blast to read, a real classic in the creepy/horror category. I remember reading this for a book report when I was younger and procrastinating for weeks because I thought I would be bored to death by it. I remember sluggishly walking to my back porch with it in hand ready to be bored but 3 hours later I was still out there reading away and had to be told to stop by my mom so I could eat dinner before it got cold. I finished it the next day and wrote up a report on it and my teacher recommended a bunch of other similar books that I read following this, so this was the book that really sparked my interest in reading, would definitely recommend to anyone ove rthe age of 13 or so."
- "I needed to find the best books with titles inspired by Macbeth. I found Something Wicket This Way Comes. It's a great book by Ray Bradbury. It's horror fiction from 1962 and all about two 13-year-old boys and their experiences traveling with a carnival. It's such a scary book; it really kept me on the edge of my seat! Strongly recommended!"
- "While this solution is a fairly good one. The book something wicked this way comes is considered a 'classic' by many but the overall tone of the book has an unrealistic quality to it. People are familiar with carnivals and tend to glamorize them when in reality it is a group of individuals trying to earn an income and some of them may not be the highest class of people (what one may label as 'trashy'). The better solution, in my opinion, would be Fahrenheit 451 which is a story that takes us to a reality that we are not familiar with. "
There are no comments yet!
- "A masterpiece written by a true artist of the written word. Bradbury’s skill in weaving a dark tale into one of hope is legendary. He perfectly describes the devil may care mindset of boys. Despite this story being written about boyhood so very long ago, it’s still strikes a familiar chord with all men. Truly one of his greatest works and a pleasure to read over and over again!"
- "This spine-tingling book is on the 20th Century American reading list. It's horrifying, and has been turned into a film. Of all of Ray Bradbury's books, this one is my favorite. The supernatural elements of the book, take it deeper and into a dark fantasy world. "
- "Travel backward to a time when technology was not as developed as it is now. "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is the journey back where a circus or carnival is a significant event in town. I found this book to be both haunting and fascinating to read. If you don't like horror, you probably want to steer clear of this book. Also, this is merely a suggestion, but if you enjoy metal you must give a listen to Iced Earth with a song by the same name. It was inspired by this book if I remember correctly."
- "My daughter loves to read, she is 14 and I wanted something to too gory for her. I bought her Something Wicked This Way Comes. I wanted to read it before I let her, so I could judge it's appropriateness. There is no doubt that Ray Bradbury was a gifted author. My problem with this book is that it takes a long time to get into. Very little happens for the whole first half of the book. It's just slow. The time spent is not entirely wasted though, because even when Bradbury says nothing, he does it in a beautiful way. Much of this book reads almost like poetry. The second half of the book is much better than the first, and although the eventual battle between good and evil is a bit cheesy, Bradbuy delivers it with such conviction and complexity that I can't deny his genius. "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is the most beautifuly written, but average book I've ever read."
- "The best suspense and gothic-themed novel is Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. Fans of gothic-themed horror will be absorbed by this tale of two 13-year old boys who unearth terrifying and long-held secrets of the town they live in and a show that is the source of the terror."
- "Something Wicked This Way Comes is a classic horror tale telling the story of two teenage boys and their horrible experience with a travelling carnival. This is one of my all time favorite horror novel and I have read it many times. If you're looking for a well written and executed horror tale, this is the book for you."
- "This is a book that is written by the legendary author Ray Bradbury. I read this and sadly I couldn't get too interested in it. I mean the premise is interesting, but I connect to the characters at all. I tried several times to pick up this book since many people like it, but I couldn't finish it each time. "
- "After watching Stranger Things, I'm really on a 20th century science fiction addiction. I can't get enough! This book is a fantastic addition to my collection and wonderfully relevant to my interests, very spooky!"