This solution is ranked
in What are the best books for 7 to 9 year oldsRead user opinions
in What are the funniest books for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for non-readersRead user opinions
in What are the funniest novels for young adults and middle-grade readersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for 4th and 5th grade reluctant readersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for second grade boysRead user opinions
in What are the best Graphic novels for childrenRead user opinions
What the community says about The Adventures of Captain Underpants
- "Is it possible to laugh too hard? It might be! I burst into tears while reading The Adventures of Captain Underpants, it's too funny not to. I love this unlikely hero that sports his famous underwear while fighting crime. Children and adults both will love this book as much as I do."
- "The Book has a rating of 76%. After reading some of the praising reviews it makes me want to buy the book as well. I find this solutions fits the topic perfectly. "
- "This book is great, my two sons aren't much for reading, but we enjoyed this together and laughed at the ridiculous antics Captain Underpants gets up to. There are a lot of pictures breaking up the text, so it doesn't seem so overwhelming. I'd definitely recommend giving this a shot if you are struggling to get your kids to read (or even if you have little bookworms in your home)."
- "After researching the best funny novels for young adults and middle-grade readers, I was recommended to try The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey. The story is about Captain Underpants, a former school principal turned crime-fighting, wedgie-dodging superhero, uses his wacky talents to outwit the evil Dr. Nappy. My child just loves this adventurous tale!"
- "My daughter hates to read. She is smart and seems to engage with a lot of topics but I can’t seem to get her interested in reading anything. These books seem to be a catalyst for her to open up to a world of reading. Captain Underpants is fun, the imagery is bright, and the stories seem to keep her attention. Anything that teaches her that reading is fun is excellent in my book!"
- "Around when I was in third grade and all the other kids were reading these books, I was very hesitant to read these books and didn't want anything to do with them. About four years later I saw the first trailer for the Captain Underpants movie and didn't think it would really be worth seeing. A few months later I started watching the trailer nonstop and searched YouTube for every possible scene in the movie. A couple of days later I decided that before I saw the movie itself that I should read as many of the books I could so that I wouldn't have to handle the wait much longer. Ten minutes later I finished the first epic novel. I bet you're wondering why my opinion on these novels changed so suddenly. You see, once I saw a trailer for the movie saying that the critics thought it was heartwarming, far more emotional then you'd ever believe, and about the power of friendship and imagination, I immediately fell in love with it. I became absolutely hypnotized by every trailer I saw on TV just like how Mr. Krupp became hypnotized by George's and Harold's ring. I then saw that it got 85% by Rotten Tomatoes and was astonished. The main reason why I fell in love with this franchise in the first place was because I thought it could possibly teach me something about friendship and what it means to truly have a best friend at your side at all times, since I didn't currently have a best friend at my side at all times like everyone else in school did."