This solution is ranked
in What are the best Stepping Stones classic books for youngstersRead user opinions
in What are the best books listed on the Authors card gameRead user opinions
in What are the best children's historical fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best children's booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read middle school booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books of Gilded AgeRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books from the Victorian periodRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for tween boysRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read early American novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best traditional books for middle school readersRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring small town lifeRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about journeys on the roadRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in small townsRead user opinions
in What are the best picaresque novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Classic books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the Whole Story SeriesRead user opinions
in What are the best classic Christian books for 6th grade studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best Americana fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best free books for iPhoneRead user opinions
in What are the best lighthearted literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by authors from MissouriRead user opinions
in What are the best free books for iPadRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about friendshipRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring AmericaRead user opinions
in What are the best books to include in your bucket listRead user opinions
What the community says about The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- "I have hundreds of collections of adventure books because they are some of my favorite types of books besides science fiction. This book in particular is very common in schools in libraries because of how old it is. It was made for book lovers and adventurers alike. I could not stop reading this book. I finished it in about a week. If I could I would read his whole life story but it is only a book sadly."
- "My children are very interested in learning about the past and they love reading. So I've been searching for children's historical fiction books for them. We recently read "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and it was a great family book! I loved the literary style of Mark Twain. They loved the adventures of Tom Sawyer and his friends! It's overall a great book!"
- "I wanted to start reading some of the classics to my kids and what better book to start with then The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. It has everything a kid wants, adventure, excitement and of course it's a Mark Twain classic. You can't go wrong with the book, it's a must read!""This book is not meant for children. It is a book for young adults.""While I tend to look at this as a classic, the more and more I see it and read it the more backwards it sounds to me and dated it sounds. There are better works out there and this one hasnt stood the test of time in my opinion."
There are no comments yet!
There are no comments yet!
- "One of the best best books featuring small town life I have ever read is The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. This original and unique classic by Mark Twain chronicles young Tom and his best friend Huckleberry Finn on a life-changing journey of mischief, intrigue, and excitement."
- "This book is a national treasure and an American classic. Everyone knows the story just from pop culture but the book is a masterpiece and really worth the read. Tom Sawyer is a fantastic character and there's a reason that this novel has withstood the test of time. I definitely recommend that everyone should read this book at least once."
- "I wonder if somewhere in the Great By and By Mr Clemons is having himself a little chuckle every time some English teacher assigns his tome to another class of befuddled students. Surely the man who created the least literate, most rebellious, and most happily ignorant character in American Lit would appreciate the irony. He might even crack wise at the serious sermonizers and pretentious pontificators lauding his deeply flawed novel as the prodigious. Of all people, Mark Twain would know a sham when he saw one. Even taken in the context of the day, this novel's glaring inadequacies and blunders are hard to miss. But then, he would also recognize the American-ness of the response, as well, the salesman's spiel, the overblown praise, the pumped up pomposity, the urgent, if insecure, need to apply superlatives. For, like his book, America has all of the same qualities, and in that regard, it is indeed The Greatest Most Perfectest American Novel Ever Written! "
- #7 of 285
in What are the best fiction books"What can one really say about The adventures of Tom Sawyer? This is a true american classic. Twain was an absolute genius and this is proof of that. The characters, the action, the scenery you cannot help but to get sucked into this book. It's like you were going through it all right at Tom's side. I highly recommend, if you have not read this book, to pick up a copy and read it. If you have read it, read it again. The story is just as captivating the second time around!""The Adventure of Tom Sawyer is a great fiction book that allows you to escape reality and delve into the adventures of two boys. It is a tale of friendship and even murder. "
- "Nope, sorry. I'm going to have to disagree here. Best book of a series? Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Hands-down. First of all Harry Potter = best series story that transcends audience age. First book, best one out of the bunch. I mean Huck Finn and Tom are classics, but Twain got beat by my girl JK Rowling. "
- "I first became acquainted with Tom Sawyer when I was 8. I watched the TV show first before I ever even read the books. But then after I got older I ended up reading this book and falling in love all over again. It's certainly American fiction at its finest and most timeless. ""I read this as a kid and recently bought a new copy to give to my daughter. I reread it first and it's just as good as ever. It's just one of those classics that will always be good."
- "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is anything but lighthearted. I mean this book is all about black slavery and oppression- that is anything but lighthearted, it's just outright depressing. In one way this tale can be portrayed a little bit as lighthearted in relation to the friendship between two young boys, but other than that, facing the reality of slavery isn't tot appealing nor lighthearted."
- "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is a literary classic and an early entry in American literature. Now it is an important part of our history and captures the time. The story itself is both entertaining and well written. The message is important and stand up well over time. Great reading."
- "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is a Mark Twain classic. I go back to this every now and again, and I enjoy it each time. Tom and Huck Finn are great, and the adventures they get in are always memorable and fun to read about. I've introduced my young children to this and they have started reading it. So far, so good, they really enjoy it. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is must read for anybody at least once in their life."