This solution is ranked
in What are the best recommended books by Clifton FadimanRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by Coke TalkRead user opinions
in What are the most influential books in historyRead user opinions
in What are the best suggested nonfiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about taking risksRead user opinions
in What are the best books written in the ancient worldRead user opinions
in What are the best Books for entrepenerurshipRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books by Penguin ClassicsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read influential books under 100 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by Joseph CampbellRead user opinions
in What are the best Books to study before turning 30Read user opinions
in What are the best books for entrepreneursRead user opinions
in What are the best free e-books for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for entrepreneursRead user opinions
in What are the best business books according to The Personal MBARead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Art of War
- "The Art of War is a fantastic classic book, originally written in Chinese, about the ancient Chinese military. Each chapter outlines a step of warfare and is a really fascinating read. This is definitely a must-have for military fans to understand how war works."
- "The Art of War is finely woven with each chapter touching upon different categories pertaining to war. It is replete with important and historical art and statues from Japan and China. It's a very interesting read, along with historical insight into Asian military means. "
- "The Art of War is the best most influential books in history. It is written by Sun Tzu and is famous for being the go to book on warfare. Even after all these years many of the tactics are still used in modern warfare. If you want to learn a little more about military maneuvers, this is the book to read."
- "This book doesn't really need an introduction because I think everyone has heard of it. I personally don't understand the hype around this book. I am former Army and found the tactics discussed to be outdated and not very effective in today's world. It's interesting from a historical standpoint though. Also, the translating job of this book is not very good. It was actually pretty bad in many spots."
- "I think this is a book that should definitely be required reading in every school. It is a wonderfully complex and yet simple at the same time type of reading. You can gain a lot of insight if you just understand what the writer is trying to convey. I know that a lot of very powerful people have read this book and taken away strategies for their business or military careers. I definitely recommend it."
- "This was a supplementary book for me when I was reading Art of War in Chinese when I was learning the Chinese language. I must say some stuff wasn't really accurate. Translations kinda make some essence be lost in them. As a future entrepreneur, I find reading the original one a refresing one still."
- "Much more about living life than fighting war; Sun Tzu is worth a read. The book will influence your thinking and has many modern applications. I refer to it often when I am trying to improve my strategic thinking or just get a different take on the way I am viewing the world."
- #21 of 568
in What are the best nonfiction books"What more can be said about this book, an absolute classic. From business managers to fighters to commanders to presidents have used advice from this book, which has become more of a manual on how to deal with life than purely a strategy for war. Anyone can pick up something valuable from this book, and I certainly do every few years when I reread it. Should form part of every library."