This solution is ranked
in What are the best mystery books for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best Jew-related mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books published after the year 2000Read user opinions
in What are the best Sherlock Holmes fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction mysteriesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read detective mystery seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best Sherlock Holmes storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with name of insects in the titleRead user opinions
What the community says about The Beekeeper's Apprentice
- "I found The Beekeeper's Apprentice to be a great addition to the Sherlock Holmes tradition. It was well-crafted and very creative. In this novel, Sherlock Holmes meets his female match. Throughout the book, I was riveted by the bizarre clues and action. Really good book! I definitely recommend getting it."
- "I was a bit hesitant to start this book because it seem like a piece of light fan fiction. But I am really glad I did. The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King is a fresh, thrilling, and exciting book that is tremendous fun to read. The only complaint I have is that I feel there should have been more focus on the villain who is a complex and entertaining character but is not well defined. I recommend this book for anyone who loves Sherlock Holmes or strong, intelligent, female characters."
- "I was looking for an interesting Sherlock Holmes book that I could read on my camping trip. I was definitely intrigued by the interesting characters in this book. It was well written and a great read."
- "I love mystery novels, especially those involving Sherlock Holmes. What's unique and wonderful about this book is that Holmes has finally met someone who can match his intellect, and much to his chagrin, it happens to be a woman. There's great chemistry throughout the story between Holmes and Miss Mary, and even though it's somewhat predictable, it's impossible to put it down.""I've read this book in college when I was younger and vaguely remembered it probably cause I didn't pay much attention in college! However, I was interested in catching up on it one day and saw that Amazon had it available. Luckily for me they provide it as a audible download, for free! It was very easy to catch up on this great mystery story on my early morning jogs."
- "If I had to choose the best book with a name of an insect in the title, I would choose "The Beekeeper's Apprentice". This is a Sherlock Holmes pastiche fiction and it has plenty of twists and turns to keep to flipping the little-more than 300 pages. Its a quick exiting read that is not to be missed!"