This solution is ranked
in What are the best must-read detective mystery seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best FBI romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about bank robberyRead user opinions
in What are the best crime fiction books with police proceduralsRead user opinions
in What are the best books from authors of the same genre as Jodi PicoultRead user opinions
in What are the best cozy mystery seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best novels featuring FBI charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best Michael Connelly booksRead user opinions
in What are the best crime booksRead user opinions
in What are the best crime and mystery booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Black Echo (Harry Bosch)
- "I've been a fan of Michael Connelly for awhile and the Harry Bosch series includes most of my favorites. The Black Echo is one of the best, which great intrigue and suspense from start to finish. If you're looking for a change from Jodi Picoult, or whichever author you've been reading a lot of, try picking up a Michael Connelly. You won't be disappointed."
- "It’s a good start to a good series. I read this almost entirely in one session during a Sunday rainstorm, curled up under a blanket with my cat. If that’s what you’re looking for, this is the book for you. Little on the story: it’s the first novel out of 20 that feature Harry Bosch, the main character written by this author. It involves him solving a mystery about a murder of an old friend, making the book a thriller-noir-mystery that’s really a very entertaining combination. Nothing world-shaking, but it’s a great popcorn book for a rainy day. "
- "I love to read novels about FBI characters. My favorite is The Black Echo (Harry Bosch). It's by Michael Connelly and is a mystery and crime fiction novel. It's the first book in the Harry Bosch series. It's about a detective and his search for answers in a murder case for someone he knows. The story is incredibly involving and the characters are really great. Check it out!"
- "I almost got triggered reading this. I was in the jungle myself, and the way Connelly writes, it's very descriptive and like being back there. But, it's safe. That is, while I was drawn in, it was a safe fear. Maybe it was the seductive FBI agent that made it enjoyable."
- #24 of 139
in What are the best crime books"I've heard a lot about this series from some online friends, so I decided to give it a try. For the first book in a series, it's got a promising start; some of the characterizations are a bit uneven, but sometimes it takes a few passes to get things nailed down just right. Good start!"
- "This is the first and arguably best in the popular Harry Bosch series of detective novels. The characters are compelling--both the good ones and the bad ones and those between. The plot is complex without being confusing, and it holds together well, with an ending that is surprising yet satisfying. "