This solution is ranked
in What are the best books by John ConnollyRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the best coversRead user opinions
in What are the best retellings of the Little Red Riding HoodRead user opinions
in What are the best twisted fairy tale booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction horror booksRead user opinions
in What are the best horror books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best dark fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best horror booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Book of Lost Things
- "I was given this book from a friend who thought I would enjoy it. Being that I hate all things gory, this book was not for me. I am giving it a high rating because it satisfies exactly what the genre is, despite me hating how gross the contents were. Sick read, literally. "
- "I'll be honest, I only pick up The Book of Lost Things because of the cover artwork. I was so intrigued by the image and the overall design that my interest in the story was secondary. Luckily, the story did not disappoint. I really enjoyed this story and recommend it for all readers."
- "A friend recommended this book to me and I am so glad she did. This is accurately described as an "adult fairy tale." I would not say this book is for children because it is very graphic and some of the implications are very dark. However, as an adult I loved the creepiness of the tale! Great story and great book."
- "Now this novel called The Book of Lost Things is truly the best twisted fairy tale I have ever read. This book isn't really for the faint of heart since most things doesn't have a happy ending. However, does have a lot of fairy tales I know since I was little lad that is like you never seen. It is quite fascinating one would say. Highly recommend if you enjoy dark themes."
- "This is my favorite John Connolly book. At times it's truly terrifying, and the characters are often chilling portrayals of the difference between good and evil. I'm actually disappointed it's not a series like some of Connolly's other books. Maybe some day he'll expand it."
- "Let me start by saying that if you're looking for a sci-fi book like the classics, you're looking in the wrong place. The main character here is a 12 year old, so its not going to appeal to everyone. However, if you can look past that, you'll find classic themes and challenges. Its not perfect but its a decent read and one worth of checking out."
- #97 of 152
in What are the best horror books"What happens when fiction and reality blend together to create monsters from your nightmares? The Book of Lost Things deals with grief, imagination, horror, and - most importantly - growing up. The characters are the real shining stars of this book and you'll grow to love them, hate them, and want to read more of them!"