This solution is ranked
in What are the best books by Robert LudlumRead user opinions
in What are the best spy novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best political thriller booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1980sRead user opinions
in What are the best brainwash themed fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about amnesiaRead user opinions
in What are the best ya spy and mystery novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with badass charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best adventure books for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books for Alex Rider series fansRead user opinions
in What are the best conspiracy theory booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read thriller novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best action adventure novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Bourne Identity
- #2 of 53
in What are the best spy novels"You might be looking at this book and thinking "Hang on a minute, I've seen the movie already! No sense wasting time reading it when I already know the story". Well, good news friend. The book and the movie are only very loosely related. Hollywood's habit of "adapting" a story so hard that nearly nothing of the original remains has prevailed here. Why is this good news? Because the book is fantastic and it hasn't been ruined for you. If you are a fan of spy novels and you haven't read this, you are really missing out."
There are no comments yet!
- "Now I can't read The Bourne Identity without picturing Matt Damon. That's a testimony to what a great actor he is. The book is actually not as good, by comparison, which is seldom the case. As a gay man in the mid-west, I'll confess I don't just watch for the plot. When I read the book, though, I'm somewhat forced to."
- "Yes, I saw the movies. This is different, but the movie did capture the feel of it; confusion, bits of knowledge, a puzzle in the dark.... I think I prefer the book, even though I loved the movies. But I confess to being jumpy, checking dark corners after reading!"
- "This fiction book is very scary, situations and characters in this book are very unique and the book is written in a very detailed style, and you can imagine all the situations like they are happening if front of your eyes. For me reading this book has been so exciting and I am sure that it will be the same for most of the readers."
- "I have to admit I am old enough to have read this book, before the first movie about it was done. That movie starred Richard Chamberlain. It is not the high octane movie that the newer Bourne movies have made people expect. However, I think the original movie was better. It was much closer to the source. The original book once again is best."
- "I learned about this book after I watch the movie based on it and I was really intrigued about how it compared. It is safe to say it hold up well, and I would even say it is one of the best adventure books I have ever read. As I read I really wanted to learn more about Jason's identity and how he ended up in such a dangerous situation. The book was high on action, but knew when to have quiet moments for reflection. I was so curious about the book's similarities to the movie that I played the movie in the background in my house while I was reading. It is definitely a adventure book for adults, as it takes the reader seriously."
- "I both read the book and saw the movie. The book blows the movie out of the water. Ludlum puts you right in the book with every twist and turn. You can feel every close encounter with claustrophobic thrill. This is definitely a page turner which I could not put down."
- "I have loved to read action adventures novels for as long as I can remember. I remember reading many reviews looking for the latest book that would satisfy my craving for these books. Lately, the best book I have found so far in the action adventure space is The Bourne Identity. "