This solution is ranked
in What are the best books for 2nd grade ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best chapter books for six-year-old kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best books that every eight year old should readRead user opinions
in What are the best first grader chapter booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian classical books for 3rd gradeRead user opinions
in What are the best children and YA books from the 80's and earlierRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read series for children ages 6 to 12Read user opinions
in What are the best read aloud chapter booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about orphansRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring a character on the runRead user opinions
in What are the best books for 7 to 9 year oldsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for seven year old childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best mysteries for young readersRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about adoptionRead user opinions
What the community says about The Boxcar Children
- "I don't think this falls into a Christian category, since it deals with orphans roaming the countryside. Additionally, this book was written in 1942, so there may also be some verbiage that does not translate to today's sensibility. I think there are better options out there for young Christian children."
- "This is such a classic series! I was so excited to start it with my six-year-old! I love when I find something that he enjoys as much as I did at his age. He looks forward to bedtime because that is when we read out of the book. This is one I just know he will read to his children as well. One of the best book series out there! "
- "When I was eight years old, I read a book titled 'The Boxcar Children.' This book taught me the value and challenges of friendship and hard work. It also taught me that if you fight through the hard times, something good will eventually come out of it. This book should be read by every eight year old child. "
- "I have been trying to raise my daughter based on Christian values and have struggled with finding her reading material lately. One of the books that a friend gave me for her was The Boxcar Children. My daughter really enjoyed this book. She said that it was interesting and really entertaining."
- "The Boxcar Children is an absolute staple. My mom read it to me, my grandmother read it to HER, and God-willing my daughter will some day read it to *her* kids. The lessons and morals of this book -- which I love to read aloud -- are as relevant as ever in our twisted, chaotic, Trump-run world of 2018. Pick up the whole set today!"
- "I was still in elementary school when I first picked up the Boxcar Children. I couldn't stop reading. My father had to eventually turn off my night light and hide the book from me just to get me to go to bed at night. This is how good and exciting this series was for it. It still it. Now, as an adult, I encourage my nieces and nephew to read this series. It is fun and easy to read, but interesting enough with all the thrills and excitement of a mystery to keep young readers captivated. When I have kids, I am sure to buy then the entire series. It's that good. "
There are no comments yet!