This solution is ranked
in What are the best clean teen fictionsRead user opinions
in What are the best books inspired by CinderellaRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with a Cinderella themeRead user opinions
in What are the best books with stepmomsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about captivityRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with necromancer protagonistsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about fated loversRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for adults and young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Captive Maiden (Hagenheim)
- "My daughter loves fairy tale books. She found this book in her school library and loved it. She told me it didn't have any crazy romance that would be inappropriate for teens to read. There was no bad language. It was a clean fiction novel that she enjoyed reading. Maybe I will have to read it myself."
- "A great book. If you enjoyed the story of Cinderella then you will no doubt enjoy The Captive Maiden. A fun read with a new twist on the very familiar old story! You will have trouble putting it down."
- "I can't get over how cute this whole story and the author is. It is a rendition of Cinderella and a great one at that. It's a true story of a damsel in distress and the author does a wonderful job of painting the picture and bringing us into the fantasy world. You will laugh and cry and also feel angry on Gisela's behalf. If you enjoyed the original Cinderella you will love this.""For fans of the fantasy romance genre the Captive Maiden is sure to please. There are many troupes to be found here that are typical and similar to Cinderella, however there are many alterations to the formula to keep things fresh. Overall this was a very enjoyable read I'd recommend to anyone into this sort of thing."
- "Melanie Dickerson’s The Captive Maiden is a fairy tale romance, much like my favorite story, Cinderella. However, this is no Cinderella. While I was entertained, this story is trite and predictable. I like to enjoy a book so much that it makes me sad to reach the end, but this one did not make me feel this way. I probably will forget I read this one in time. This was just “okay”."
- "I did not like this, it was predictable and sappy. Maybe someone younger would like it, it is aimed at middle and high school readers. I expect more drama and unpredictability to make it interesting. When lovers are fated to be together, I think it requires a really good writer to keep it from being too predictable."
- "This is a nice spin off of the original Cinderella tale we all know and love (which is a spin off of other stories in and of itself, so haters back off as the saying goes). It's not the best ever, but if your kid is into romance novels this is a fun, wholesome addition."
- "I was considering this for my niece, so I gave it a quick going over in the store. It's uses parts of "Cinderella" as it's base, but has some interesting additions and twists that I think my niece will enjoy. I find the writing a little "blah" but I think most readers in this age group will be ok with it."
- #73 of 285
in What are the best fiction books"The Captive Maiden and the other books by its author are easy and fun reads for young adults (mainly girls). They sort of resemble traditional fairy tale/romance books, albeit with stronger and more nuanced female characters. The author has a lot of works available, which is a good thing, if you happen to like this particular work. These books are a good mixture of old-fashioned romance with subtle, more modern feminist empowerment. "