This solution is ranked
in What are the best supernatural romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal romance books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best adult books featuring a demonRead user opinions
in What are the best adult romance seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best new adult paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best timeless paranormal romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best popular paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with demonic charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult fiction novels with demonsRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal and fantasy romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best first books of PNR-UF seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best adult paranormal booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with sociopathic heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic books featuring a virginRead user opinions
in What are the best YA paranormal fantasy booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld)
- "Even though I'm not a huge fan of this genre, I still like to give it a try occasionally and read some of the popular and highly rated ones. I have got to be honest, I couldn't finish this one. I thought it was so boring, full of cliches and so unimaginative that I decided it was a total waste of my precious time and I gave up after about 100 pages or so. Maybe I should not be qualified to state my opinion about this book but even the fact that I couldn't finish it should clearly depict what I thought about it. "
- "My teenage girl loves romance novels. Even more so when they are full of romance and something supernatural. I ordered her this book as it looked like something she would dig right into. I should have done a little more research though as this book fell flat quickly. The author tried too hard to mix old mythology with new technology and created a world that was not realitic or easy to picture. My daughter stopped reading it after a few chapters and now I think it will sit on our self. I had heard that a lot of people really enjoy the series, and the writing, but this book is not one of our favorites by a long shot. "
- "This book is decent but very lazily written. It has two dimensional characters and plot holes that simply don't make sense at times. To top it off, the characters that should have a bit of chemistry, had absolutely no chemistry at all and it really hurt the flow of the book."
- "The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter is part of the Lords of the Underworld series. It was recommended to me because I like books in this genre. I was excited to read it. Showatler weaved a magical tale of intrigue and dark secrets that kept me on the edge of my seat."
- "I thought that this novel held a lot of promise, but unfortunately it fell far short of my expectations. I found that the characters were not at all relatable or even likable for that matter, and the plot was disappointingly thin and poorly thought out. In more capable hands, this book could have been really interesting, so it really was a shame that the quality of the writing was as sub-par as it was. I just couldn't bring myself to finish the book, which is a rare occurrence for me."
- "The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld) is a paranormal romance title that follows Ashlyn Darrow, who has been tormented by voices from her past. She goes for help but ends up into a deeper form of hell. It's an engaging story and a great read for those into the genre."
- "If your like torture, Greek mythology mixed with a little current world then you may like this book. The main characters seem to have deeper issues within themselves. I never knew the underworld could be so seductive. It was filled with action but just a bit too far fetched from the typical paranormal fantasy books that I prefer."