This solution is ranked
in What are the best 1950's classic science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best horror books with man-eating plantsRead user opinions
in What are the best books where the antagonist is a creatureRead user opinions
in What are the best british science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for geeksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels dealing with first contact with aliensRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction horror booksRead user opinions
in What are the best biopunk booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Day of the Triffids
- "I am a huge horror fan, whether it be books, or movies, or whatever. Horror is in my blood. The Day of the Triffids is a great book that fits in here. It's a great post apocalyptic book. They live in a world where they are taken over by venomous plants and it's pretty great. Highly recommended. "
- "I think it's the perfect length, the writing is solid, and the characters are compelling. I don't want to give away too much about the book but let me just say the last third of the book is absolutely astonishing. Even though it was first released in 1951, it still holds up and is quite the page-turner. It was the Walking Dead before Walking Dead."
- "This is a fantastic book and there's a reason it's widely regarded as a classic. It has a good message to it and the plot really holds up. The characters are all very life like and believeable and while the premise may sound cheesy, it's a really good book. I definitely recommend it to anyone. Even though it was published in 1951, it definitely holds up today.""This book was first published In 1951 and it was received with wide acclaim. Today it is considered a classic and it tells a store of a man that missed a massive meteor shower that caused many people to go blind. the main character Bill meets another person, Josellla that was also spared and they try to leave London. "
- #10 of 19
in What are the best books for geeks
- "I had a weekend off and was caught up on all episodes of The Walking Dead & Fear the Walking Dead. Bored and looking for something to entertain myself. This post apocalyptic thriller solved my boredom issue fast. If you are into post apocalyptic this classic is a must read!"
- #13 of 16
in What are the best biopunk books"Wow, this book really spoke to me! It was written in the 50's, well before my time...yet it seems to potentially relevant even today! If you're looking for a good biopunk type of book to sink yourself into, this is the ticket! Just thinking about it is giving me chills again!"
- "Today we have so many post apocolyptic stories with everything from zombies to Enclosing domes that we forget - the early books like The Day of The Triffids existed. Pick up this book and you'll remember an earlier time..but also look at a scary time informed by the earliest days of the cold war."