This solution is ranked
in What are the best Avon romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best lighthearted historical romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books that have duke in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best Julia Quinn booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with shy heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance novels with married couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance novels with arranged marriagesRead user opinions
in What are the best spinster romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with empowered heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels of the 20th centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring a hot hero and an average-looking heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with disabled main charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read historical romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance books with high ratingsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about fake relationshipsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books to read this summerRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about best friendsRead user opinions
in What are the best step-sibling incest romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best books with funny banterRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance novels with a tortured heroRead user opinions
in What are the best books with taboo and incest themeRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance with angstRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance series booksRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance with pregnant heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about best friends turned into loversRead user opinions
What the community says about The Duke and I (Bridgerton)
- "I mean, it's a romance novel and it's set in the regency era, so it plays out pretty much exactly the way you'd expect. While it's not groundbreaking by any means, it hits all the main tentpole features you'd expect from this kind of a book, so it plays to its genre well."
There are no comments yet!
- "Loved it, Loved it, Loved it. very good book. I had not read this author before so it was a nice surprise to find another good author to put on my "read" list. excellent textbook with a great deal of interesting information. It was fun to read about Simon and Daphne finding each other through angry brothers, duels, crazy marriage mind mamas and a few misunderstandings along the way. The banter between the was laugh out loud funny as were some of the arguments . I really adore Daphne family, her brothers were a hoot but her Mom was the best, bringing all her sons to order with a few choice words or a yank of a ear. And a cute running mystery of who the infamous Ms. Whistledown truly is. Overall: a great and fun read with a lots of laughs and a lot of love! ★★★★★"
- "I was looking for a good spinster romance book and found The Duke and I (Bridgerton). This is a really well written about a romance in England. I liked the timeframe and the setting, and the characters were good as well. I highly recommend this book for anyone looking into this genre. "
- "My sister loves romance novels and is a huge fan of Julia Quinn, this is one of her favorite books and she have talked to me about it several times in the past. Finally I decided to read it. I'm not a huge fan of romance books, I prefer books where the romance is not the main thing, but anyways this book was enjoyable. The writer is really talented to create such fleshed out characters, a great setting and the writing style is great, with reasonable descriptions and good character development. I recommend this to romance fans. "
There are no comments yet!
There are no comments yet!
- "I know that The Duke and I (Bridgerton) has outstanding reviews, but my book club recently read this book as our monthly selection, and I didn't care for it at all. I found it to be too disturbing. Some other book club members really liked it though....so I guess it just depends on your personal tolerance for taboo themes."
- "Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages Publisher: Avon; Reissue edition (June 27, 2006) Language: English ISBN-10: 9780380800827 ISBN-13: 978-0380800827 ASIN: 0380800829 Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 1.5 x 7 inches Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)"
- "It's a historical romance book which follows Simon Basset and his courtship to Ms. Bridgerton. It's a historical romance, so to say I thought it would be good is not true. I did not think it would be good. However, I was left speechless after I read it. The Duke and I is a great book, and you should pick it up."
- "Kind of a disappointing book, with thin characterization and some disturbing material, which I don't really want in a romance novel. The whole thing seemed rather hastily put together and phoned in, as it were. Very unsatisfying, with no real depth and emotions, which rang false almost every time."
- "I normally don't read romance books, but my wife chose this book for our shared reading nights. It's only fair since I chose a Chuck Palahniuk book for our last one. I was surprised as how much I enjoyed it. There were a lot of fleshed out characters and the drama between them was believable yet still captivating. I guess I might give this genre another chance."
- "I really enjoyed The Duke and I. It was an easy read that I seemed to breeze right through! I highly recommend this book if you love a good historical love story. It is the first book in a series of eight, that chronicles the quest of love of eight siblings. I can't wait to read the next!"