This solution is ranked
in What are the best NY Times best-selling books of 2016Read user opinions
in What are the best psychological thriller books by female writersRead user opinions
in What are the best suspense thriller booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books that should be turned into a filmRead user opinions
in What are the best skimm booksRead user opinions
in What are the best NY Times fiction best sellers of 2015Read user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about amnesiaRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read this yearRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring female noirRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read thriller novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best domestic violence books in fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best books with unexpected plot twistsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in LondonRead user opinions
in What are the best books from President Obama's reading listRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the decade so far according to The Oyster ReviewRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books for Gone Girl fansRead user opinions
in What are the best books that have 'girl' in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best books with unreliable narratorsRead user opinions
in What are the best crime and mystery-thriller booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Girl on the Train
- "The Girl on the Train follows a girl named Rachel who happens to experience something dreadful one day while taking a rode on the train. No spoils, but it was shocking to say the least. I think this is a good book for more intense readers and ones that enjoy surprises. This one threw me off, but I like that about thrillers. "
- "The main plot of "The Girl on the Train" is slightly transparent in that it is not terribly difficult to guess who the main antagonist ends up being; nonetheless, there are many small details thrown in that are almost as well-crafted as the main story itself. If you truly enjoy the book, there is a movie based on it as well, though I think it is not as good. It is noteworthy to mention that it is difficult to say this is one of the absolute best psychological thrillers a woman has ever written; that would undoubtedly involve looking at a very large sample of books, some of which I imagine are very good indeed. Some might think it is a modern classic, but I doubt few consider it to be an all-time one."
- #3 of 13
in What are the best skimm books
There are no comments yet!
- "This actually isn't my favorite Paula Hawkins book but I think it's worth a read if you're interested in her books at all give it a try but maybe try Gone Girl first. Sharp Objects was the one that I just tore through and read in a day or two but most people are more interested in Gone Girl."
- "EVERY DAY THE SAME Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning and night. Every day she rattles down the track, flashes past a stretch of cozy suburban homes, and stops at the signal that allows her to daily watch the same couple breakfasting on their deck. She's even started to feel like she knows them. Jess and Jason, she calls them. Their life--as she sees it--is perfect. Not unlike the life she recently lost. UNTIL TODAY And then she sees something shocking. It's only a minute until the train moves on, but it's enough. Now everything's changed. Unable to keep it to herself, Rachel goes to the police. But is she really as unreliable as they say? Soon she is deeply entangled not only in the investigation but in the lives of everyone involved. Has she done more harm than good?"
- "Wow, this book! What a thrill ride. I didn't see the end coming, and I loved every twist and turn this author wrote into this psychological book. The Girl on the Train will keep you guessing until the very end, so if that's your kind of thing (it's certainly mine!), then get this one ASAP!"
- "My coworker recommended this book to me, and I wasn't able to put it down until I had finished! "The Girl on the Train" is a gripping tale filled with twists and turns that will keep you coming back for more. If you're into the crime and mystery thriller genre, you'll certainly love this one. It's well written and it'll keep you in suspense from beginning to end."