This solution is ranked
in What are the best Asian-themed fantasy and science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best if you liked Harry DresdenRead user opinions
in What are the best dark fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best gaslamp fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for fans of Hayao MiyazakiRead user opinions
in What are the best wuxia novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best swordman and swords woman booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy and adventure novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Xianxia and/or Wuxia booksRead user opinions
in What are the best San Francisco setting booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Chinese and Japanese fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best books that have 'girl' in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best non-American books for AmericansRead user opinions
in What are the best YA paranormal fantasy booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Girl with Ghost Eyes (Xian Li-lin)
- "After getting my fill of Dresden novels, this popped up in the recommended suggestions on a book website I visit to discuss books. I found this book to be a great quick read. The author does a great job of pulling me in and feeling like I'm witnessing the story unfold in front of me. The historical setting just seems to make the paranormal things more realistic than the modern world I'm familiar with."
- "Interesting book that I picked up at my daughter's house. She had finished it and gave it to me as she knows I enjoy fantasy books. Good plot and character development. I enjoyed it and thought it was a great fantasy book. It only took me a few days to read it. "
- "I really couldn't get into this book to a degree of which I should have. It probably didn't help that the language and characteristics of the main characters simply didn't fit into how the book unfolded to a believable degree. Just a disappointing affair overall."
- "Characters like Li Lin do not come around every day, and rarely are they part of a non-anglo culture. She is an exceptional protagonist in a novel full of interesting and exciting characters. As much as I like her as a character, I like that the author gave her plenty of opportunities to fail."
There are no comments yet!
- #11 of 76
in What are the best fantasy series"This is a truly excellent book. I couldn't put it down. I hope the author keeps the series going. You get to watch as all of the main characters grow into the story. You watch as Li-lin grows from being a widow who lives in her fathers shadow to being a powerful character in her own right. The only minus was how the police treated the Chinese. The police treating the Chinese with respect was not believable for the time period. The Chinese, like the Jews of Europe in this period were shoved into ghettos, in the larger cities, and treated poorly. Nothing was said if any Chinese were gunned down or killed. The stories of several massacres are mentioned in this book. My wife is Chinese, so I've read up on the folklore, and love watching Chinese movies with ghosts, demons, vampires, and fox spirits. To this day modern Chinese believe that these monsters live among them and prey on them. "
- "I bought the book The Girl with Ghost Eyes (Xian Li-lin) as a birthday gift for a friend of mine, and he really liked it. It's a fantasy novel with paranormal nuances that will keep you attached to the book till you will finish reading it. I suggest it to every lover of this genre!"