This solution is ranked
in What are the best books featuring princesses in disguiseRead user opinions
in What are the best LDS romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels featuring protagonists with superpowersRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about drug addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best twisted fairy tale booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for LDS book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best clean books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring elemental powersRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian romances for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best clean romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about princessesRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult adventure novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with strong and smart heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the sweetest teen romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with adventure and magicRead user opinions
in What are the best books for 13-year-old girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by Utah authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books that have 'girl' in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best fairy talesRead user opinions
in What are the best clean teen fictionsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for pre-teen girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best teenage romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read fairy tale retellings for young adultsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Goose Girl (Books of Bayern)
There are no comments yet!
- "One of the 'Books of Bayern' series, Shannon Hale's tale of a Princess who has a magical ability to speak to birds follows the theme of the series' characters and is an engaging tale of fantasy with real life lessons sprinkled in. Fans of the series will not want to miss it."
- "I was working 8am to 7pm shifts for the past few years and I wanted to make sure I spend time in the evening with my 15 year old twin daughters. I was looking for something exciting and magical to share with them while they read to themselves at night. I found this amazing book called "The Goose Girl (Books of Bayern)" which is an young adult fantasy and fiction novel by Shannon Hale that tells the story of Princess Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee and glorious ability to magically communicate with birds. My daughters are absolutely enchanted and in love with the stories. Thank you!"
- "Nice rework of a Grimm's fairy tale. The story is well written, and quite creative in its own way. That being said, I cannot recommend the rest of the books in the series, especially the second book (Enna Burning as there is a scene where she almost gets raped and is manipulated - not appropriate for a pre-teen and young teen audience which would be its readers."
- "A magical retelling of the Grimms's fairy tale of the princess who became a goose girl before she could become queen. Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, Crown Princess of Kildenree, is born with the ability to speak to animals, a gift that is nurtured by her aunt. It is the first book in the Books of Bayern series fantasy novel by Shannon Hale."
- "This book seems like a great story for any young person that wants a story about a fantasy genre. Most the people who read this book that left review on Amazon give it mostly good reviews. However only 500 people have read this book, so this should not be categorized as a best book."
- "I grew up in Utah, so I have always connected with Authors from there. I just finished reading The Goose Girl, a book written by a Utah Author and have to say it perfectly captured what makes people for Utah so unique. I loved this book and its magical twists. "
- "This is a good solution to the topic. This books fits the criteria of having 'girl' in the title. The book has a very good rating with over 500 reviews and was written by a new york times best seller. The book is geared more towards a younger audience as well. Books are very subjective but does seem to be a good solution to the topic. "
- #11 of 35
in What are the best fairy tales
- "The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale is a retelling of the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale of the same name. A princess must disguise herself as a goose girl until she is ready to take her rightful place as the wife of the kingdom's prince. The best thing about this book is the character development. The protagonist starts out as as a bit of a loner, and as a princess, she has people to take care of her every need. As a commoner, she has to be more self-sufficient, and to interact with people and make friends. I greatly enjoyed this book, and I'm certainly not in the target audience. Some parents may find some of the material in this book a bit mature for their kids."
- " Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, Crown Princess of Kildenree, spends the first years of her life listening to her aunt's stories and learning the language of the birds, especially the swans. As she grows up, Ani develops the skills of animal speech, but she never feels quite comfortable speaking with people. So when Ani's mother sends her away to be married in a foreign land, she finds herself at the mercy of her silver-tongued lady in waiting, who leads a mutiny that leaves her alone, destitute, and fleeing for her life. To survive, Ani takes on work as a royal goose girl, hiding in plain sightwhile she develops her forbidden talents and works to discover her own true, powerful voice."
- "I ran across this book while looking for a good fairytell book to give my niece. The book itself is about a young girl who has the interesting ability to talk to birds. It's a rather entertaining book and is part of a series of books that continues the story of the young princess and her strange bird talking ability. The story gets more interesting as it progresses as the main character becomes sort of a rebellious young leader though she ends up in desolation after her mutiny in a foreign land. It's worth giving a read especially if you like romantic novels about empowered female characters. "