This solution is ranked
in What are the best books about Christian testimoniesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for Christian womenRead user opinions
in What are the best Biographies of the heroes of FaithRead user opinions
in What are the best WWII fictions and biographiesRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction books about World War IIRead user opinions
in What are the best books for Christians beside the BibleRead user opinions
in What are the best classic books for 7th to 12th gradersRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs about World War IIRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read true stories that are inspirationalRead user opinions
in What are the best books for LDS book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best educational literatureRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs that are better than fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best World War II fiction and non-fiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about The Hiding Place: The Triumphant True Story of Corrie Ten Boom
- "If you are looking for a different take on World War II concentration camps, this book might be for you. I didn't really enjoy the book itself but it came so highly rated on Amazon that I thought I would give it a try. It is aimed at 9-12 years olds which I feel is a little young. I did enjoy this book as an adult but not sure that I would have enjoyed it as a pre-teen. Amazon offers a great price and speedy shipping."
- "An engrossing story that deals with delicate issues of the Holocaust in a really meaningful way. While you may think this book is just for a Christian audience you would be wrong. The story is so interesting and well written, you will find the book hard to put down.""This book really teaches us how to hope when there seems to be nothing to hope or. Don't let the silly name fool you, this book is WW2 through and through. I only wish it were longer as it seems this is the abridged version.""I love true stories from WWII. There are many, but this one really got to me. Imagine living in a war zone and having to hide from the enemy. It thoroughly consumed me throughout every nail biting moment."
- "If you are looking for an inspirational, Christian perspective on WWII, this is a good book to read. Corre Ten Boom’s story is difficult to believe, and this telling is gripping and puts you right in the middle of the story. This is a wonderful non-fiction read with a Christian perspective."
- "was absolutely absorbed by this book. I looked forward to every time I picked it up to read. I must start by saying that I am Jewish and absolutely do NOT share the religious views of Corrie Ten Boom. But, this story is so engrossing and moving that my religious views were irrelevant. This is the remarkable story of a remarkable family that literally laid their lives out to save Jews in Holland during WWII. These are people I wish I could hug. Don't be put off by the religious views expressed. Those views caused heroic people to show mercy and empathy in the most brutal period in recent history. The views were not preachy. I only wish that I could do something good for any person that would give respect for the wonderful people in this story."
- "I could not put this book down! I have read it multiple times now since I purchased it and each time I do so it draws me in further. It was about a very tragic time in history and the way it was written really makes me reflect on how it must have been to live during that time period. It really pulls at the heart strings!""Since I belong to a 4-generation military family and my Dad flew b-17s during WWII, I'm a student of that war. This book has sold many thousands of copies and is rated 4.9 out of 5. Outstanding book!"
- "I have read this book twice in the past. Have given it as a gift many times. I bought this book to aid a granddaughter with her school children's assignments it is a book of faith and terrible human suffering. Makes one thankful for their many blessings."
- "Absolutely enthralling book for our LDS book club. An amazing true story of a family who risked their lives, with the guidance of the Lord, to save Jews during WWII. As a member of the LDS church, this is exactly the sort of thing we were looking for. A great example of how accepting God's love and using it to helps others will garner your support and guidance from the Lord himself."